PDA

View Full Version : FRom 20mg to 30mg of cit, does it set you back a bit befoe it helps you???

Ronster
13-05-10, 15:30
Hi everyone,

Just increased my cit dosage from 20 to 30mg's. My GP suggested i alternates the increase 20 to 30 to 20 for a week then all out 30.

I have experienced an increase of insomnia and anxiety since I started the change.

Is this the norm, many of you have increased dosages I would appreciate your opinions. I wonder if I didn't wait long enough and the dosage increase may be wrong.

Thanks Ron

BunnyMazonas
13-05-10, 15:53
It can definitely get worse before it gets better... usually after a week or 2on theincrease it dies down a bit.

but I find it odd that your GP recommends a wobbling pattern like that. In my experience, each dosage change brings a repeat of theside effects, soitseems odd tgome.

Then again I'm not a GP and wouldn't wantto act like an authority on this!

JT69
13-05-10, 17:16
Hi,

I totally agree with your GP it should make the increase easier in my experience with citalopram (and I took it on and off for around 9 years), the trouble with cit and most of us the drug is excellent but the side effects cause problems so less is more is you get what I mean. Some people are lucky and dont get the effects but I think we are in the majority and the dose increase your GP has suggested is exactly how I would of done it.

I too am not a GP but am going on personal experience. The side effects will wear off after a couple of weeks and you will feel the benefit. Good luck with the increase and hope you feel better soon.

Take care
JO.xx

Ronster
14-05-10, 13:19
Thanks guys for your responses, I will stick it out for a couple weeks and finish the transition. I'm have high hopes for some changes which I thinkis all ready starting but still hard to tell whether it is a false alarm or not.

Thanks Ron

Anyone else who has had a change in dosage Iwould appreciate a few more comments.

I hope everyone's day is getting better by the hour. Mine seems to start off pretty bad but once I get moving and living it progressively gets bettter.

Cheers with positive thoughts!!!!!!