PDA

View Full Version : In need of support

sidney
13-05-10, 21:21
Hello everyone,

I really am in need of some support.

I have suffered from OCD on and off for 3 years now, but the past two years it has not been much of an issue.

But in the last eight weeks or so I have been getting more and more anxious and depressed.

I have had a lot of stressful and exciting things happen recently. Got married, baby on the way, dad in hospital and then wife and bump in hospital leaving my at home on my own - I don't do well on my own at night time...

Since monday my anxiety has shot through the roof... Been to see GP and now have to wait 6 weeks or so to get some treatment.

I know from past experiences that it is now always going to be as bad as the last few days... But knowing this doesn't seem to help!

If you can I am really in some need of some inspiration and support.

Thanks for reading/listening...

Cheers

nomorepanic
13-05-10, 21:23
Hi sidney

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

sidney
14-05-10, 21:23
Hi Nicola,

Thanks for the reply.

Cheers

gemma.l
14-05-10, 22:47
Hiya Sidney.
I haven't been on this site for a year...
last year I couldn't even get on a bus without having to get off at the next stop and I hated to be alone..
and on Monday I am heading off to London... I am rather nervous about it actually just didn't want to tell anyone. Guess that's why I have found myself back here.
I need some support too so I thought we could help each other? :)

One thing that stopped me from having them last year was the thought that I will only live once.. and I really don't want to let these panic attacks stop me from doing the things I want. It's like a mental battle and I don't want to lose..
Just think how amazing it will be when you and your wife have your first child! All of your worries and fears will vanish and the only thing you will care and think about is your family :).. hope your dad, wife and baby are okay
Gemma x

sidney
14-05-10, 23:01
Thanks for the email Gemma...

It is such a crazy feeling to this anxious and this excited at the same time about the arrival of my son... I guess that I worry that my depression and anxiety will affect him somehow?

I used to hate going on buses when I was really bad a few years back. I then took the opportunity to go from Oxford to London several times on the bus and each time I felt much more comfortable. I found that really pushing the boundaries out every so often allowed me to feel more comfortable in my everyday life.

Enjoy your trip to london!!

curlybird
15-05-10, 17:12
Hi Sidney,

I know what you mean when you say you're excited and anxious at the same time. I have also experience something similar over the past few weeks, having recently got engaged. On one hand I'm over the moon about it but already my anxiety levels have shot through the roof!! I'm worrying about where to hold the ceremony, who to invite, how much to spend etc etc...:doh:

This is why I''m back on here because I dont want my anxiety to spoil the biggest day of my life. I want to enjoy the planning not resent it!

Anyway, I do hope that you start to feel much better soon. I'm sure that you will. When is your baby boy due?

Take care of yourself :)
Emma x

sidney
16-05-10, 18:42
Hi Emma,

Thanks for the message.

We got married this year in February... It was quite stressful in the preparation, but the whole day went well and it certainly was one of the best days of my life so far!

I hope that you really do enjoy your big day.

Our baby is due in around 9 weeks.

I am feeling a lot better about that, but still work to be done.

Cheers.