PDA

View Full Version : Coping with life stresses and feeling low?

phil06
13-05-10, 23:02
I've had alot of things not go my way and feel down. Can anybody give me tips? Had a bad anx attack a week or two ago with it.

My mind at times feels in melt down, feel so unlucky, getting depersonalization (prob due to the stress)...a walk helps but no routine..

Feel like taking any job now..tried for 13 months to get a new job, 6 months unemployed as I felt my last job due to stress..three years single.. Any advice or positive words? I'm 21 and don't want to feel this low. :weep: I've been so so today but the word anxiety came to my mind and I just feel low about it.

How do others cope and is a mind blanket normal? feeling of uve gave up? duno where to go? I feel maybe It's normal to feel this way as would anybody not feel this way? when things are so bad..?

ragdoll
13-05-10, 23:23
hey,

i feel your pain. i'm 19, meant to be in my 1st year of uni having an amazing time but had my first panic attack in february, feeling awful all the time, the medication i've been put on is horrible and i know it takes time but i feel like crap now. missing uni and feeling like i'm losing friends because i'm not there with them..... plus had a hell of an emotional journey over the past 3 years which doesn't help so i'm overdue a breakdown. plus the added stress and panic of my end of year exams and failing them because i've missed so much work, and my meds prevent me from trying to work now due to total lack of concentration span

but i do find that keeping busy with anything tends to distract you from how you're feeling. how are u going about finding a new job?
sitting around doing nothing definitely makes it all worse though, that's one thing i've definitely found

phil06
13-05-10, 23:32
but i do find that keeping busy with anything tends to distract you from how you're feeling. how are u going about finding a new job?
sitting around doing nothing definitely makes it all worse though, that's one thing i've definitely found

Been out of work a few times but been so lazy getting my parents to hand CV's in and online applications make is so easy so sit in a chair.

I'm going out doing social activities less too..I can spend some weeks with no schedule.

I am trying though. Kind of hope to get interviews or a date ..something to move on with life. Tried to get to college again but a big wasting list now. I need romance, positive job, family, doing good things to make myself feel good. Maybe that's quite materialistic but sitting bored and depressed is awful. In past times something came along quicker but I'm on a very long dry spell...

ragdoll
14-05-10, 00:27
go onto www.gumtree.co.uk

and if u can't get a paid job then maybe do volunteer work, just so you're doing something and being around people? it will probably help. i think that's what i'm going to do for a few weeks this summer if i can't get a real job, just so i have something to do each day to distract me.

as hard as it is you need to get out of the spiral of doing nothing because you'll get used to it and then even if you really really want to go out it will be so much harder.

and we're YOUNG!! we need to act like it! because i feel like a fragile granny at times but it's ridiculous

phil06
15-05-10, 01:12
I've been put on New Deal..stressed me out as I see courses as a "dooms day" thing if your put with people who don't want to work. I admit I'm quite down as I feel pressured to pass my driving test plus find a job..

I don't know what will add more pressure, sitting through a bad course or applying for every job rather than one I like..and worst case a job I don't like...

The stress.. :scared15:

Alicat
15-05-10, 23:35
Hi,

Sorry to hear you're feeling so low. :bighug1:I struggle big time if I don't have a job or some kind of routine. I was going to suggest the same as ragdoll about voluntary work, to give you something to do and distract you. I'm sure you'll have a local volunteer bureau so you could give them a call.

Good luck! x

Vixxy
16-05-10, 12:34
Hi Phil.
Seeing as getting a job seems to be one of the driving forces behind your problems at the moment, why not just give youself a break and decide for the next month you wont look for work, but focus on getting yourself well?
As soon as your mental health improves youll be able to deal with the jobs market.

Another thing that will help is a routine. Doesnt matter if you dont have anything important that needs to be done. Do something that will boost your confidence, and make you feel like you acheived something today.
If you feel up to volunteering then do that, Itll boost your confidence no end!

I was 19 when my mental health hit rock bottom and I had to give up my job and my social life. However I DID get better and I went back to work and all those friends that had stuck by me I count as real friends not just fair weather friends.

Take your time and heal yourself.