PDA

View Full Version : Manchester Meet - November 19th/20th

Worrier
13-05-10, 23:42
Well I know it's a bit early to post this, but we have all been talking about it since January and folks keep asking for details so thought I would just post about it.

We will be meeting in Manchester on Friday the 19th November (venue yet to be determined) but for anyone that is interested a few of us are staying at the Ramada Piccadilly Manchester - Tel: 0844 8159024 whichis 5 minutes from the train station and it seems that quite a few people will be coming by train. They have pretty good rates and their cancellation policy is great, you can cancel anytime up until the morning of your reservation, so if for some reason you couldn't make it, you wouldn't lose any money.

It seems this is going to be quite a large meet and our friend Stace81 is hopefully gonna find somewhere good for us to go.

If anybody wants anymore information, please contact me.

Natalie x

nomorepanic
14-05-10, 00:00
Well it is 6 months off so better to post nearer the time as things change so much in 6 months but have a fab time.

leo05
14-05-10, 02:48
hey nat, can ya send me the details please hoping to make the meet up so like to know in advance bout it and yeah i know its 6 months away but for some who need to save etc its a help to know . plus give people something to aim too also .

thanks lea

Lima
15-05-10, 13:32
Heya,

I am interested in coming, although it will depend on my financial situation nearer the time, but as with others, it's great to have advanced warning to save some spare cash!!!

If there is anymore info, please could you let me know.

Thanks,
Lima x

BBmama
17-05-10, 22:05
Hi Natalie im very interested in the meet up,please could you keep me informed if thats possible?.....regards,Gill.

Worrier
17-05-10, 22:08
HI Lima and Gill,

Thanks for your replies and yes I will keep you both informed as more arrangements are made. I will post again in the not too distant future.

Take care
Natalie x

weeble40
19-09-10, 21:27
just a bump as getting closer now xxxxxx

Worrier
21-09-10, 21:56
Ok folks so it is time to update this post and let you all know about the upcoming meet in Manchester.

The meet is November 19th at:

Ramada Piccadilly Hotel
Portland Street
Manchester

Tel: 0844 815-9024

We will be meeting at the hotel bar between 4 - 7pm and then will probably go onto another venue depending on what people want to do.

From what I know, we are expecting maybe 20 - 30 people so it should be a good meet.

If anybody has any questions, or needs more information, please pm me.

Look forward to seeing you all there.

Natalie x

stace81
26-09-10, 07:29
If you are interested in coming to this meet please reply a.s.a.p as im currently sorting out the venue for once everyone has met. Thank youxx

bluesparkle
27-09-10, 15:09
im coming stace just bookin room now x

weeble40
27-09-10, 15:37
my room is booked, ill be there by 4 xxxxx

hopers
27-09-10, 18:24
im coming woo xx

fairyclairy
29-09-10, 16:34
Hi,

Iv never been to a meet up before but really want too! Would it be alright for me to come and say hello? I wont know anyone though :blush: I only live in Stockport, 30 mins down the road so itl be good to come and say hello x

Worrier
29-09-10, 20:59
Hi fairyclairy,

Of course we would love to have you come and join us.

See you there.
Natalie

shotokansho
02-10-10, 11:57
I'm coming toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Yay bring it on!!!!

Bluebird
03-10-10, 18:21
I'll be there :-) xxxx

Davyboy
05-10-10, 17:38
Nevermind....

Worrier
05-10-10, 20:59
Hi David,

We would love for you to come, most of the people going have never met each other before so a lot of us will be in the same boat. We will be meeting at the Ramada Piccadilly Hotel Bar between 4 - 7pm and then probably going somewhere else, just waiting to make the final arrangements.

Feel free to PM me if you would like to chat more.

Natalie x

Belfry1973
06-10-10, 01:40
If anyone would like me to meet them at the train/bus station and then taking them across to the Ramada I'd be happy to volunteer!

Davyboy
06-10-10, 17:21
Nevermind....

fairyclairy
06-10-10, 17:39
Hey Davyboy, yeah im the same :blush: im usually fine if im with someone i know but i wont know anyone either and just getting to the venue will be a struggle i think but il see how i do on the day!
Really want to come so im determined...

I think everyone will be in the same boat so im sure we'll be ok.... you'll find me hiding in the corner probably on my own haha.

Silly question but does anyone know if this hotel has a car park as il be driving? x

Davyboy
06-10-10, 20:01
Nevermind....

MancsBest
06-10-10, 23:36
Can I come? I am a newbie. Ive never been to one of these so I'll be really nervous but I'd love to meet new ppl :)

Oh and I dont live too far away from the city centre.

Ricky

stace81
07-10-10, 13:35
Mancsbest you are more than welcome we would all love to meet you. Im just getting an idea of numbers soI can arrange where we can go after the initial meet up at the hotel x

diane07
12-10-10, 22:51
I will be there.

di xx

Davyboy
17-10-10, 11:01
Nevermind....

Davyboy
17-10-10, 14:53
Nevermind....

mcclan
17-10-10, 19:54
il see what i can do im just a walk away so it is easy for me to get there. il let yas know nearer the time

Davyboy
21-10-10, 14:33
Nevermind....

nomorepanic
24-10-10, 18:33
Does anyone know how much the car parking is for here?

Cheers

davesvet
24-10-10, 19:29
Hi,
is the Manchester meet open to anyone?Would love to come,only a 40minute train ride for me

weeble40
24-10-10, 20:08
more the merrier dave, please do come

only 26 days now peeps, i cant wait

Emms xxx

weeble40
24-10-10, 20:11
Nic i was hoping the parking was free, with my over night stay lol, might come on the train now, xxxx

davesvet
24-10-10, 20:22
Thanks,I will be there,open to all age groups?I am 43

nomorepanic
24-10-10, 20:33
I don't think it is Emms. Looks like it was £12 but that was back in 2009 so no idea now without calling them.

mcclan
24-10-10, 22:29
have anyone got a venue yet for this meet up

nomorepanic
24-10-10, 22:56
The venue is decided - read the early posts

FroggyPrince
25-10-10, 09:16
Yes davesvet, its open to all age groups.

I'll hopefully be going, and I'm 44 :D

Worrier
25-10-10, 22:46
Froggy,

You have to be there, I am flying 5000 miles just to see you and make you blush lol.

Natalie x

Belfry1973
27-10-10, 08:56
Well, what a response I got lol. For some reason I get the feeling if I was female I'd of probably had about 700 friends requests... All I wanted to do was put some names to faces

Dont take it personally! I myself have very few friends from nmp on Facebook, even though I know lots more online! Its just a matter of privacy, my anxiety is a very personal and I dont want anyone digging through all my personal stuff and finding out! I'm sure others are the same!

Bel
X

trence
27-10-10, 21:52
Hi i would like to come please x

Worrier
28-10-10, 18:41
Hey Trence,

Well u better be there, ur more than welcome.

See you on the 19th
Natalie

t0rt01se36
29-10-10, 10:10
Is the Hotel just a meeting point or are you all eating/drinking there to begin with?

Atlanta
29-10-10, 11:01

shotokansho
08-11-10, 15:53
Belfry thats a lovely offer from you to meet people at the train station. If I get to Picadilly around half 4 would that be okay for you? If not just let me cos my trains are every 10/15 mins so I will work around you.

Kez xx

Ayame
08-11-10, 19:52
I live in Manchester, I'm a little nervous about it but I may come.. perhaps bringing my boyfriend for a bit of moral support, is this ok? Not sure yet though. Scary thought! lol xx

weeble40
08-11-10, 20:17
just 11 days to go now, cant wait to meet you all, im so excited i could wee glitter xxx

mcclan
09-11-10, 12:55
in the venue will there be some or someing to tell us thats us or do we just guess thats the ppl from nmp regards dave

Davyboy
11-11-10, 09:29
Dont take it personally! I myself have very few friends from nmp on Facebook, even though I know lots more online! Its just a matter of privacy, my anxiety is a very personal and I dont want anyone digging through all my personal stuff and finding out! I'm sure others are the same!

Bel
X

To be honest that is part the reason why I created a totally seperate Facebook account with a totally seperate new e-mail, etc. Was a waste of time really, but then I wasn't comfortable putting my pics up on this site (I think that's a pressure thing more than anything... I'm always the guy people turn to and I guess from a couple of posts on here I could be showing a bit of weakness or something... something like that!)

I see what you mean, but I think that is one of the things that gets me about Facebook is that people are quite content to put their entire lives on there, and regardless of privacy settings there are still ways and means to access people's profiles. Crazy.

Reminds me of that cartoon pic, can't find it but it's along the lines of...

Random Guy: Hey, what did you get up to last night? Can I see photos? Oh and kind I have all your personal details please?
Girl: What?!? Are you some kind of psycho?!?!
Random Guy: No, I'm a social networking site.
Girl: Oh, well that's ok then...

Oh just before I scoot, I'm coming off the site now because it's kinda done me more harm than good I feel. I do genuinely hope that everyone has a great time and that it all goes well for everyone. Take care and all the best :)

pink daisy
11-11-10, 12:37
Ayame you can bring whoever you want to any of the meet ups hun xxx

Belfry1973
11-11-10, 18:57
Belfry thats a lovely offer from you to meet people at the train station. If I get to Picadilly around half 4 would that be okay for you? If not just let me cos my trains are every 10/15 mins so I will work around you.

Hey Kez

Not a problem at all, I can just get the tram from my work straight to Piccadilly! And if theres anyone else?

I will have to pop home at some point so I can get changed into my glad rags! But home isnt too far away!
I'll pm you my mobile number when I find out what it is!
Otherwise look for the weird girl with blonde and sparkly purple dreads and that'll be me!

Ayame
12-11-10, 16:08
how will we know who are the nmp people? i think someone should hold a sign like they do at the airport... lol xxxx i dont really know anyone that well but looking forward to meeting some fellow panic sufferers

stace81
17-11-10, 14:55
Hi all, well the time has finally come! It has been decided we will meet in The Arts Bar of the Ramada hotel at around 6 o clock. This gives those who are staying at the hotel time to settle in and others plenty of time for travel etc. Any questions please dont hesitate to ask. Look forward to seeing those who can make it. x

pink daisy
18-11-10, 09:20
Hope you all have a fab time xx

Ayame
18-11-10, 14:07
sorry i cant make it xx

stace81
18-11-10, 14:29
nevermind Ayame maybe next time xxx

weeble40
18-11-10, 15:44
ill bring ted with his t shirt on

and look out for lemon cakes

see you all soon

Emms xxx

bluesparkle
18-11-10, 16:03
ted is packed ! lol
am nervous
see you all tomorrow
x

fairyclairy
18-11-10, 19:37
Heyy, just realised its tomorrow - im working unfortuently! Hope you all have a fab time and il defo try and be at the next one if i can get it off work x

Belfry1973
18-11-10, 20:21
I'll def be there, girlie with blonde, purple and sparkly bits dreads, I'll be at train station at 4.30, feel free to come and say Hi!

ladybird64
18-11-10, 20:53
Hope you all have a wonderful time :hugs:

Vanilla Sky
18-11-10, 22:08
I hope you all have a great time , sorry i couldn't be there

:bighug1: Paige xxxxx

RichW
19-11-10, 02:42
Hi

I hope everybody has lots of fun and doesn't do anything I would struggle to consider doing. Sorry I couldn't be there but from New Zealand I would have had to take off about 3 months ago to get there on time.

At this point I'd like to suggest that the next meet be an international experience and people come here - I'll get the first round in!

Cheers

Rich

t0rt01se36
19-11-10, 13:47
I'll be thinking of you all today.

If you're going, make sure you know the transport times back, BEFORE you meet up.

Try not to aim for the last mode of transport of the day.

Don't forget to charge up your mobile phone and obviously take it with you.

Tell someone where you are going.

Panic doesn't last long, so don't let it spoil your chance of going.

Sorry for theamble. I just want you all to have a safe and enjoyable time, if you go to Manchester, for the NMP meet up.

Remember, this event is a rare, so go along and enjoy yourself with people who relate to you and understand how you're feeling.

Ju

mcclan
19-11-10, 23:25
sorryi couldnt come dont think it was for me but hope yas all av a good time

Going home
20-11-10, 00:54
Ive just started to read this thread tonight...are people actually flying in from America to be at this meeting? and I thought it was bad enough driving from one county to another just in little old England! Respect, and have a great meeting :)

Anna xxx

Belfry1973
20-11-10, 11:35
Looks like I'm the first one awake!

Thanks to the peeps who organised this, and yes indeed from America! Met some fantastic people and had a great laugh! Apologies for going early, but I've actually got a sinus infection and it was giving me a thumping headache :weep: I bet the Village never knew what hit them.

Oh, and I'm holding certain individuals to the promise that we will be going out again and no going home early again!

Bel
X

bluesparkle
20-11-10, 14:51
im awake... lol
and back home in not so sunny dorset!
had a great time...and was so good to meet everyone.
cant wait to meet up again soon.
will post some pictures tomorrow
xxx

stace81
20-11-10, 18:27
Thank you to all that came was brilliant seeing everybody! Myself andkayleigh had a great time,thank you to all those who travelled so far and well done for getting there. Belfry i will keep my promise! Think we are looking at another meet in March so you all have plenty of time to save! Thank you all again glad everyone is home safe.xxxx

charlotte83
20-11-10, 21:58
Glad you all had a good time :) xxx

Ayame
22-11-10, 12:23
i will try and make it to the next one x