PDA

View Full Version : Scared of ipod

panicattack247
14-05-10, 07:03
I have a very old ipod and it is starting to come apart where the metal connects to the plastic. It still works so im not going to get a new one, but im worried that there might be radiation coming out of it, or something might be leaking or something out of it.

im most worried of course that after using my ipod, without washing my hands if i touch my reproductive organs that something might happen.or something that i cant notice might make it fall off or something. im a boy.

dont laugh at me please, i havnt had any worries for a long time. just a little worried about this.

ClownWithLeprosy
14-05-10, 09:12
No, an iPod doesn't even begin to generate enough power for this to be an issue.

panicattack247
14-05-10, 09:22
so there is nothing else damgerous in an ipod that could leak out?

ClownWithLeprosy
14-05-10, 09:27
Nope, if there was then a. they couldn't distrubute it, and b. they'd use more than a plastic/metallic case to encase it.

phattgal
14-05-10, 11:35
please dont worry about this hope this reassures you....ive had my ipod apart and messed inside of it after i dropped it in the loo.....it still worked...but the screen didnt so i was messing inside it while it was powered on and im fine hun. apple would be in BIG trouble if there were health issues.

JulesD
14-05-10, 13:00
No there is no chance of anything being able to harm you at all. Dont worry. x

Haruka
14-05-10, 23:58
Your fine, I promise. Cause ipods would have to have special throwing away instructions if they were toxic on the inside. Also, I don't people can legally put radiation in things, don't worry.

guitarpants
15-05-10, 00:09
Honest answer, since most above are misleading, but not to cause you worry:

Yes, all electronics have harmful components. Lead and other heavy metals on the PCB, all batteries are very toxic. Electronics are a major environmental health hazard. No one should be telling you that the insides can't hurt you, they are very harmful. (Sorry Jules).

However, there is no radiation, and nothing is going to "leak" out of a cracked case. The only thing that might leak is the battery, and if that were the case, you would know it, and the unit probably wouldn't work.

Also, unless you plan on eating your iPod or opening it up and licking it up and down, there is no danger. I just hope you aren't using it as like an eating utensil or something. If you aren't, then you have nothing to worry about. :)

panicattack247
15-05-10, 03:53
so if i used my ipod then touched my penis would i be fine?

ClownWithLeprosy
15-05-10, 08:57
Yes, it would be quite alright. You could rub your iPod all over your genitals and it couldn't cause any harm.

mom1982
16-05-10, 08:04
how old are you and which part of Australia? there might be groups that you can attend to help with the fears/panic.

panicattack247
16-05-10, 15:54
im not really panicing about it to be honest, im a lot stronger now, its just more that i was just unsure wat was inside it, as its not often things crack open and im not an electronics guru.