PDA

View Full Version : Thirsty, dizzy, wake up middle of night

TheWolf
14-05-10, 10:13
Not sure why, but I've been waking up at 3am pretty much every night, and I usually manage to fall back asleep (although not deep sleep).

I have been having very dry mouth despite drinking a lot of water as well. Panic attacks have not happened for a while, but I am unsure how this all interlinks.

jaded jean
14-05-10, 10:22
Hi Wolf.
dry mouth could be connected to medication. waking up could be due to depression. I have read about it and I actually did the same -always between three and four in the morning I would wake up and was wide awake, but it would take a good hour getting back to sleep. Someone will probably come up with a good reason or the answer on here as all so helpful.
good luck
Jean

TheWolf
19-05-10, 09:40
three or four nights in a row already arghhhhh i dont want to start taking sleeping pills

anthrokid
20-05-10, 05:08
Dry mouth is a common symptom of anxiety and it's also a common symptom from medication. Are you on any medication? If you take medication at night you could try taking it in the morning instead? Otherwise the most common reason for it will be anxiety. I've always been a bad sleeper, always wake up the same time in the middle of the night then every hour after that. Annoying, but better than not sleeping at all!