PDA

View Full Version : Male breast lump

ChrisMayo
14-05-10, 12:58
Hi guys,
I know this doesn't really have anything to do specifically with symptoms of health anxiety, but it is something that has played on my mind for some time.

I also haven't posted on here for a long time, as I generally have been without health anxiety for sometime, which is great, but every now and then things crop up.

I hope everyone else is doing ok.

Basically, when I was about 19, I got a lump under my left breast tissue (I'm a male) I got it checked out straight away, and was told it was just a bit of excess breast tissue, and that it would eventually go away, and it was benign (just through examination, my age etc), I left it for about 6 months, and went back again to the same doctor, who checked it out again for me, and said, he had seen many of these, and that it was fine.

About a year later, I still had it, so got it checked out by another doctor, who said that it was just some abnormal breast tissue, and that it would stay there, but it was fine, he said if it was really bothering me, I could have it cut out, but it was doing no harm.

I've since since 2 or 3 doctors and nurses, all who have said they either can't feel the lump, or it is of no important / danger.

I was in the car with someone last night, who is admittedly a bit older than me (i'm 23, he's 31) and he had a lump on the side of his chest, and his Dr sent him to hospital to get it checked out. It turned out to be benign, but that got me wondering whether I should get it checked out properly, or whether since it has now been there for about 4 years, without any changes, should I just assume the other doctors were right.

I have a new understanding doctor, so I could maybe get it checked out again, but I don't want to put myself through un-necessary stress, if I should just be able to trust the previous 3 or 4 doctors opinions.

Any thoughts would be welcomed.

Thanks

Chris x

Vixxy
14-05-10, 13:17
Hi, from what I understand breast tissue would feel different from a tumour. Men do sometimes grow the glandular tissue that form the base of a breast, so its not unusual for you to have it.
However if this has been bothering you on and off for many years, maybe its best if you do get it checked out properly. Just to put your mind at rest and finally lay it to rest.

Sumitahuja789
24-04-15, 11:34
Hi guys,
I know this doesn't really have anything to do specifically with symptoms of health anxiety, but it is something that has played on my mind for some time.

I also haven't posted on here for a long time, as I generally have been without health anxiety for sometime, which is great, but every now and then things crop up.

I hope everyone else is doing ok.

Basically, when I was about 19, I got a lump under my left breast tissue (I'm a male) I got it checked out straight away, and was told it was just a bit of excess breast tissue, and that it would eventually go away, and it was benign (just through examination, my age etc), I left it for about 6 months, and went back again to the same doctor, who checked it out again for me, and said, he had seen many of these, and that it was fine.

About a year later, I still had it, so got it checked out by another doctor, who said that it was just some abnormal breast tissue, and that it would stay there, but it was fine, he said if it was really bothering me, I could have it cut out, but it was doing no harm.

I've since since 2 or 3 doctors and nurses, all who have said they either can't feel the lump, or it is of no important / danger.

I was in the car with someone last night, who is admittedly a bit older than me (i'm 23, he's 31) and he had a lump on the side of his chest, and his Dr sent him to hospital to get it checked out. It turned out to be benign, but that got me wondering whether I should get it checked out properly, or whether since it has now been there for about 4 years, without any changes, should I just assume the other doctors were right.

I have a new understanding doctor, so I could maybe get it checked out again, but I don't want to put myself through un-necessary stress, if I should just be able to trust the previous 3 or 4 doctors opinions.

Any thoughts would be welcomed.

Thanks

Chris x
If you were a teen I would consider gynecomastia, the growth of female breast tissue in males. Your symptoms match that condition.
akclinics.org/gynecomastia

Mogwog
30-04-15, 16:33
I'd say you were fine with the amount of drs who have checked it. If they had ANY concerns they would have sent you for tests. You're fine lovely.xxxxxx