PDA

View Full Version : how long?

zippy
14-05-10, 13:18
How long do symptoms carry on for even if you dont feel as anxious? I have been really anxious the last 4-5 weeks with a family death but i dont feel as anxious now but i still feel awful.When do the aches and pains stop and the nausea and diarrhea and the general feeling of being unwell?
Thats why i keep worrying its something else because its going on for a long time.

june
14-05-10, 15:06
:hugs:Hi zippy, i am sure you have answered your own question.
Thats why i keep worrying its something else because its going on for a long time.
This is the last sentence of your post.
- with panic / anxiety / stress / worry - what ever it is called. It seems that as soon as you STOP worrying about on thing - some other niggly worry takes its place.:blush:
AS the books will tell you 'flow through it - it takes as long as it takes'
Try to stay calm (how many times do you hear that?) hope you feel better soon.:hugs:
Best wishes
June
:hugs:

barbn
14-05-10, 17:56
I tell you - this scares me all the time! I feel anxious, then I feel the anxiety go away but I still physically feel like crap....what I have learned is that even though we think the anxiety has gone away it still may be hanging around in the backs of our minds. The other thing is, when we get our bodies all worked up it sometimes takes a few days to a few weeks for the body to regulate itself back to a normal state (each person is different). So, to answer your question - it could take a while for your body to stop reacting to the anxiety...