PDA

View Full Version : Why cant i just get over it!!!!!

Di_1
14-05-10, 18:20
I was raped by my uncle when i was 16, I turned to alcohol and drugs almost straight away. I was in college but got drunk all the time ruined my education and i was self harming alot, i just drank till i passed out, my parents went through hell with me, they didnt know what to do but i couldnt talk to them about it, i felt to dirty and disgusting. I just couldnt and still cant understand why he did it to me, i ended up attempting to commit suicide, i got sent to lots of people to talk to etc nothing worked, but then i met a man who was also an alcoholic but i fell in love with him we both stopped drinking, doing drugs and smoking, I am now 20 years old and i am married to that same man, he has been through so much with me, because of my nightmares, i can be very aggressive towards him but i have calmed down alot now we have been together for 2 years but i just need some advice i just cant get silly things out of my head, i just panicky over stupid things, My husband makes me feel safe but i just struggle going anywhere on my own i cant go out i cant open my curtains, i am scared of people, anyone come to talk to me and i have a complete breakdown i just feel like i am going to cry all the time. I did pull myself together and complete a college course i thought things were great but then i went to catch a bus on my own and a group of young lads started pushing me to the floor and being horrible to me and it just put me back to where i was and i just dont know anyway out of this nightmare, i am now expecting my first child and i am scared my baby is going to miss out on things because of the way i am.

ASH65
14-05-10, 18:33
honey bee
my experience is the same as yours.horrible.it takes years and miles to get to terms with it and you are still very young.i understand your fear about your baby but i think you have survived so much and will give your baby the safety you did not have.its brave to even post what you have and i applaud you and wish you a safe,lovely pregnancy.
an ocean of love from a survivor,now in his mid forties,who has found happiness,just like you can.stay strong and keep safe.
ade x

Vanilla Sky
14-05-10, 21:19
Di , just wanted to welcome you to NMP , you will find it very supportive here
:welcome: Love Paige x