PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram 20mg >>> 40mg

crazyhayz
14-05-10, 18:22
Been upped to 40mg from 20mg.. Took one and within an hour felt spaced out and tingling in face, then numbness in forearm, to which i took all my bracelets off (dont ask why just felt i needed to). Vision changed kinda went all unfocused not blurry, just 'offish'. So, i really dont want to take them anymore, i cant handle the side effects they r makin my anxiety worse.. i stupidly had a couple of bad days and said i needed my meds upped, but i realise now it was just a couple of bad days, nothing more, and felt alot better on just the 20mg... what should i do? maybe i should ask for 30mg? i duno! should i just keep hold of the 40mg that ive got but just cut each one in half everyday? (bit of a hassle tho lol)

Thanks guys x

Vixxy
14-05-10, 18:25
You are taking a massive jump there. Maybe it is best to try 30mg first? Give your doctor a ring tomorrow and ask what they suggest about getting onto a higher dose.
Good luck!

Jannie2948
14-05-10, 18:28
Hi there, I went from 20mg to 40mg about 10 weeks ago and the first few days I felt like that but the side effects were not as bad as when I first when on the 20mg. I now feel so much better. Maybe try just going up to 30mg for a little while, lots of people on here seem to do that. Jannie x x

crazyhayz
14-05-10, 22:13
Thanks guys. Hmmm yeah i think i DO need a higher dose than 20mg, but i DO think 40 is way too high... not sure why the doctor jumped so high with my dose.. but im deffo guna ask for 30mg.. The 20's are good but i think i just need that littttttle bit more to take the edge off my anxiety bit more. Cheers guys.