PDA

View Full Version : clarythromycin for sinus problems

angieuk
14-05-10, 21:31
Hi I have been prescribed 250mg of clarythromycin for sinus problems to be taken one a day for six weeks.
I saw on the internet about reactions with the sun. I phoned my pharmacy and they hadnt heard of this and checked on the information sheet that comes with the pills. Nothing there.
Has anyone taken this antibiotic. I am ok with erythromycin although it does affect my tummy a bit.
I am going on holiday during the six weeks to the sun and am worried about this.
Angie

countrygirl
15-05-10, 08:22
If the info isn't on the info sheet then it must be very low on the risk scale. I think all antibiotics can make you a bit sun sensitive but only means you will burn quicker than normal - make sure you wear high protection sun cream and don't lay in the sun baking!!!

HOpe you have a great holiday

Lissy43
15-05-10, 08:25
I took 500mg a day of this antibiotic to treat helicobacter. It did give me an upset stomach, but other than that I was fine.

Just protect your skin and wear a sun cream on your face when going out if that side effect is worrying you, but it is a rare side effect.

You will be fine, sinus infections are awful so get them started asap!

angieuk
15-05-10, 09:36
Thanks for the replies. Will wear sunscreen and enjoy the sunshine.
Angie.

xfilme
22-05-10, 01:11
Im on it at the mo for a chest infection. Ive been on it twice before and it always does a great job for me with no side effects at all x