PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety relating to relationships and hormones.

Emme
15-05-10, 00:03
First of all, I want to apologise for the loooong post, and I really hope theres one or two people around who have the patience to read it.

Secondly, I have a few things to clarify before you read on, 1) I am 18, yes Im young but Ive always been very sure of what I wanted, 2) I am getting married in less than a month, 3) Ive been with my fiance for one year, 8 months.

Ill try not to babble and get this all out XD

I am on the yazmin pill and have been for over two years, and last month I stopped taking them, just for two weeks cos I was too lazy to go buy them, anyways, I started feeling REALLY down and awful and just.. directionless. It was really bad for a week or so.

I started rethinking my whole life cos I felt like none of it was good enough any more, the TAFE course Im doing, my decision to get married, all of it. I looked it up and apparently that happens to people coming off the pill because of the hormone imbalance.

Ive been back on it now for a month, and those bad feelings have eased up and alot of the time they arent there at all. I love my fiance, I know I will never find someone as amazing as him if I lived for another million years..
But I think because sometimes I feel really crap about my life in general, maybe Im just throwing my relationship in there as well?

Occasionally Ill think "Why bother telling him all these things, I wont be with him forever will I.." Or I will look at another guy and feel a little funny when I think about how if I stay with the man I love, Ill never know what its like to love that OTHER kind of man.

And then I kick myself on the inside for these thoughts, because I KNOW that I know I want to be with my fiance forever. I am having thoughts like this about almost everything else going on in my life as well, but because he is the most important to me, its kinda getting to me.

Also, I could just be freaking out cos Im getting married? I dont know.

I just really want to know if anyone else has been through anything like this?
Can "the blues" make you doubt everything in your life?

Pretty much I just want someone to tell me that this will all pass =) kthanks.

guitarpants
15-05-10, 00:15
The only thing I can say, is that if you have any hesitation about it, or doubts, it is not the right time to get married.

Unrelated to the primary point of your post; you should stop taking Yazmin. I don't mean to worry you or freak you out, but a lot of people have had blood clots and strokes while on that drug, my sister included. I highly recommend/suggest you get off that drug since it is very dangerous. It's not worth risking your life over.

Emme
15-05-10, 00:31
O_______O No doctor has ever told me it was unsafe, sofar all Ive heard about is the hormone imbalance.... But thanks for the warning.

guitarpants
15-05-10, 00:37
O_______O No doctor has ever told me it was unsafe, sofar all Ive heard about is the hormone imbalance.... But thanks for the warning.

Like I said, I'm not saying this to scare you. That's the last thing I want to do, is upset you. Yazmin is under a lot of fire here in the USA. Lots of lawsuits, lots of women injured or died while on the drug. It may be pulled off the market.

Emme
15-05-10, 00:39
Wow researching that now. Next question, whats the healthiest birth control pill cos I want it -_- All the problems I mentioned started after I stopped taking the pills. I never want to do that again. Im more scared of NOT taking them XD

guitarpants
15-05-10, 01:32
I'm not a doctor but from my own experiences and seeing others on them, I'd say the safest route is not to use them at all and use other forms of contraception. All birth control pills mess with your hormones a good amount and raise the risk of blood clots and other things. My girlfriend doesn't use them in there's never been any risk of pregnancy in the 4 years we've been together.