PDA

View Full Version : Menstruation?

Kipepeo Girl
15-05-10, 12:23
This may be a stab in the dark but I got my period yesterday and both yesterday and today I've been really anxious and tearful. I also have bad diarrhoea (sorry :blush:) and feel nauseous, and I've lost my appetite.

Last month I posted a thread about being too anxious to move out - and I had exactly the same symptoms back then. I thought I had a bug or something, but now I'm wondering if it's because of my period. I don't think I've had this before, it just seems to have happened these last two periods.

Does anyone else experience anything like this? And if so, what do you do to try to relieve it?

Vixxy
15-05-10, 13:00
Hi there. Sorry to hear youre feeling down. My period is due today and I must say that for the past 2 days my anxiety has been on the rise.
I suggest you get yourself a diary and keep a track of this in the future, so that you can give your doctor a detailed explanation of how you feel and when.
Get yourself a romantic movie and a huge bar of chocolate and just indulge yourself for the day.

jothenurse
15-05-10, 13:20
I'm going through menopause, so a little different than what you are experiencing. But I do know, when I had my panic disorder in my 20's, my anxiety was always worse right before I got my period. I think it is just due to all the hormonal changes. This time with my panic disorder, I also think my changing hormones have had an effect on it.

Vixxy
15-05-10, 13:26
Just another thing that only the girls have to deal with. lol

mumble
15-05-10, 13:32
I've had those things during my period too. Don't worry about it.
I have found mint tea, calmomile, and raspberry tea really help the tummy problems.

Wee-Mee
16-05-10, 18:10
Herbal tea def helps and the avoidance of caffeine and alcohol..I learned the hard way lol xx