PDA

View Full Version : New...and panicked!

Basha
01-02-06, 21:29
Hi; [V]

This is all very new to me! I recently came across this site when in tears from experiencing another panic attack, and immediatly I felt calmer knowing that there are other people out there who experience what I do.

I've suffered on and off from random attacks for years, and am struggling to understand them. I have been tested for heart problems (regular chest pain leaves me with a fear I'm going to die from a heart attack), I have low blood pressure, low cholesterol, am obsessed with being healthy, yet still... every day, more than once I am gripped by some kind of fear. Every day the chest pain is there. Some days I just want to cry.. I want them to go away, but they never seem to.

I'm hoping by talking about these feelings to people who understand, and by trying to help other people myself, I can try to get better and start leading my life again fully. At the moment I feel I'm struggling in my job...I feel like my head is going to pop off most days!

Thanks for reading, and I hope to hear back from somebody.
[V]

ItWillPass
01-02-06, 21:45
All I can say is I know how you feel. I have been suffering with anxiety for awhile now. For the most part, I had it under control. But it seems I am having some sort of relapse. I feel like my world is crashing down around me. So in a sense, I am brand new to all of this.

I am also like you... obsessed with being healthy. I always laugh when the doctors ask me how much i drink. Ill be like alchohal or caffein? and the answer is zero. I dont drink anything except water or 100% fruit juice. I dont use drugs I dont smoke. I do need to work on excercising. I am underweight, so I never feel so motivated to do it, but I know its also about staying fit, not just losing weight. Anyway... just want to let you know you are not alone... at the moment I am feeling somewhat down. I took the day off to just rest. I feel like a loser for doing that... but I was shaking this morning. So, I know it is important to take care of ourselves. good luck with everything.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________
"I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance, never settle for the path of least resistance... When you get the chance to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance"

"This too shall pass..."

spanky
01-02-06, 21:52
hey you
your not alone, dont forget it
spankyx[:P]

Meg
01-02-06, 22:03
Welcome to the site

Hope you find the help here you need

Health Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=healthanxiety)

Common Symptoms of Panic Attacks, Anxiety, Phobias and OCD. (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=symptoms)

First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

alexis
01-02-06, 22:16
Hi Basha and welcome to the site, you are certainly not alone and I think you will soon feel reassured when you have read the links and recieved some replies, have you been in chat, it is usually busy after 7.30pm, take care.xxx

Most of lifes battles are won, by looking beyond the clouds to the sun:
and having the patience to wait for the day,when the sun comes out and the clouds go away.

love from Alexisxx

Sue K with 5
02-02-06, 01:36
Hi Basha

Welcome to NMP ! you may benefit from reading the forum on health anxieties which could help you understand your symptoms better

Your not alone with these feelings and you never will be! dont be scared they are anxiety symptoms and many of us have the same thing

Take care and keep posting

Sue with 5

scknight

dream
02-02-06, 06:29
hi
basha welcome to this site
take care denisexxx

denise

chucklehound
02-02-06, 08:27
Hi Basha and welcome to NMP. You will get lots of support here!:D

Take Care

Chucklehound

xxxx

trac67
02-02-06, 09:08
Hi Bashaa,

welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac XX

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

bluesparkle
02-02-06, 11:59
just wanted to say hi...and welcome to the forum
it is a great place to be and like the others have said you will get lots of advice here and make some great friends too...
you are definately not alone and you are right it is good to take time out for ourselves from time to time
take care
rach

jackie
02-02-06, 13:50
basha

welcome to the site. i found it a few weeks ago, feels like heaven sent.

you will find lots of what you are looking for here, reassurance that your symptoms are not unique, a place to come to when your down but also a place to help you recover

all the best

jackie

nomorepanic
02-02-06, 15:18
Hi Basha

A warm welcome aboard and I hope that in time you will realise that you are not alone with these scarey feelings and they do go in time.

Nicola

marce
06-02-06, 03:28
Dear Basha,
I am so new here..just became a member actually but I wanted to tell you that I can totally empathize with what you are feeling and you are so not alone. I promise you. I got to this place the same way as you did, through panic but you did it and that is a big step...reaching out. I still struggle with it but the more I understand it the more I feel in control and then somedays, out of the blue, I can't rationalize it in that moment, and I get really scared and I feel like I'm going to die also but I don't, and I think that is part of the key...you can go through all of these horrible symptoms and they are horrible, but we are all still standing in the end and you need to know that it was your own strength that got you through. I have to say that I believe that CBT could be another way to help you through this challenge...I will be trying it as well and I'm sure so many people here will be able to give you some excellent advice. So take care and you can do this! Marce

Piglet
06-02-06, 11:36
A big welcome to the site:D

Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Basha
06-02-06, 21:07
Wow I can't believe how many replies I have received..it feels good knowing there are so many people who I can relate to. Strange because sometimes it feels easier to talk about this stuff to people you don't know rather than people you do know.

Thank you all for your replies... I feel like I've been welcomed and wrapped inside a big fuzzy blanket. Sounds cheezy, but it's true.

Bashaxx

alexis
06-02-06, 21:27
Well pull that blanket around your ears cos you have.:D
yes I agree about talking to people.take care.xxxxx

Most of lifes battles are won, by looking beyond the clouds to the sun:
and having the patience to wait for the day,when the sun comes out and the clouds go away.

love from Alexisxx

sarahliz
06-02-06, 21:50
An enormous big hello to you! Hope you find lots of support and lots of like minded/ feeling people!

xx