PDA

View Full Version : Chest pains

peter34uk
16-05-10, 11:12
I have been havng some chest pains since last night. nothing too bad but worrying a little.

started on my right side, now this morning its pretty much central. Its not too bad, but it there.

I reckon its prob just stress, but what do u think??

Does pains in chest go along with stress/anxiety?

My pulse is about 80bpm.

pammy1944
16-05-10, 11:51
Good pulse rate peter.......chest pains are one of the main symptoms of my anxiety attacks...... best to try not to worry about them ....do something to stop you dwelling on the pain ........... take care love xxxxxxxxxx

Ella_Jayne
16-05-10, 16:30
You can get chest pain for many reasons. I've had it on and off for the past couple of days, I don't know whether it's muscular or indigestion or whatever but it's been tolerable so I haven't worried too much. Try do the same, if it's bearable then it's more than likely muscular or indigestion. Chest pain form a heart attack is crippling and there would be no second guessing whether or not to get emergency help.

Have you been over breathing lately? Taking big gasps for air? Usually when I'm anxious I do this which usually leads to chest pain.

Take it easy, take some paracetamol for the pain and if it gets really bad then go to your doctor or the hospital.

teez
16-05-10, 17:10
hello peter,,yes chest pain goes hand in hand with anxiety and panic,,have you tried the old lifting your arms above your head trick,,if you can relax like it for a while even better,,just like you would when your leaning back against the settee watching tv,,sometimes we involuntary tense our muscles which causes pain and spasms,,by raising your arms up above your head your stretching the muscles out again

peter34uk
16-05-10, 23:05
Thanks guys. As the day has gone on it has got better.

Appreciate the support. I do get freaked out where my heart is concerned!