PDA

View Full Version : lots of things

spanky
01-02-06, 22:31
I have lots of phobias,
.I have a phobia of cinemas due to the fact that one night for no apparent reason i got the shakes and had to run half way through the film to make it to the toilet before vomiting for up to an hour before leaving and getting home. Ever since i cant sit in a row, i always need to be near an enterance and away from others.
.I hate public transport, cant face people sitting behind me, or facing me (especially crowds) because i dont know wether they are talking bout me or worse. I also panic wether or not i am going on the right train, bus etc and am i going to reach my destination or miss my stop or go a different way ec
.I hate audiences, cant bear to have to talk in front of people, i begin to stammer, sweat and lose concerntration. I worked in a school and my boss tried to force me on stage thinking she was doin me a favour. In the end i gave in and when i had stammered my way through my 1 line, i ran out and burst into tears...and warned them never to do that to me again.
.I hate confrontation, will do anything to stay out of an argument. I would rather run than face a problem, though many problems that come my way i do face them as soon as i can cause i cant stand to feel even more anxioous than i already feel on a daily basis 24/7

sorry fo going on again

....I really gotta stop apoligising x

trac67
02-02-06, 09:30
Hi Spanky,

Take things one step at a time, decide which one of your phobia's affects you the most and work on that one first, don't try to battle them all at once.

You will find once you can overcome one of these the rest will be easy.

Take care

Trac Xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

nomorepanic
02-02-06, 16:04
Spanky

Try to address each one in turn....

The cinema - you are not alone with this. Loads of us on here prefer to sit on the end of a row. If you are comfortable with that then make sure you always do it. It is not failing in any way just because you don't force yourself to sit in the middle and feel awful the whole time.

Public transport - it is highly unlikely that people will be talking about you. I can honestly say that I have never got on a bus or train and started thinking things about other people on there. Plan the journey well so you know where to get on and off.

Audiences - loads of people hate having to talk in front of people. It takes time and practise to overcome this. Ask your employers if they will send you on a course that will teach you excellent tips on how to address these issues.

Confrontation - nobody likes to be confronted or confront someone else. However, you do need to stand up for yourself sometimes so people don't walk all over you. This can be done in an assertive manner without being aggressive.

I think some of your issues could be low self-esteem so could you look into a course or a book on this that would help.

All these things can be overcome but they do need to be worked on and practised.

Hope this helps a bit.

Nicola