PDA

View Full Version : Food Poisoning... can't cope with anx, need assurance :(

mom1982
16-05-10, 13:55
I've been having food poisoning for 20 hours now. i've had watery diarrhea and vomiting 7 times each for the first 3 hours and then went to bed, then in the morning went to see the doc and got some nausea meds(took this) and meds to stop the diarrhea (which i didnt take) and I didnt have any diarrhea or vomitting for 12 hours and then now i feel sick again and had diarrhea just now and feel like i'm going to vomit any second. my anxiety has been bad the past few days and now with this my anx is terrible. my heart rate is averaging at 105 bpm and im very scared and anx. what is normal for food poisoning and can the diarrhea and vomiting go on for more than 20 hours? it did stop for 12 hours in between. how long do these things last, pls help me, i really cannot cope with this and i'm struggling physically and mentally. the doc did not give me antibiotics, is that normal?

HaiXiJieJacob
16-05-10, 15:38
Mom1982,

Things will get better. I am an American expatriate in China and have been for a little over a year now. Over the year that I have been here I have had food poisoning 4 times. All 4 of those times I vomited and had severe, I mean S-E-V-E-R-E diarrhea and not even the medicine I took would help it.

I remember one time being so bad that I had a fever. I slept for a long, long time, but it eventually got better. I took me several days to feel better, but that was with minimal medicinal intervention.

Health anxiety has really had a huge impact in my life, especially since 2 of my family members were diagnosed with cancer, one with breast cancer, the other with kidney cancer. I consistently worry about my health, but truthfully know I am in good health.

It will get better, just give it time. The human body is an amazing organism, one capable of healing itself and repairing itself from very harmful illnesses. Food poisoning isn't going to harm you, though it might make you feel very unpleasant.

Get lots of rest, and drink plenty of water, as the diarrhea and vomiting will drain you of essential water levels. Take care.:)