PDA

View Full Version : In Need Of Advice & Help.

amosxchick
16-05-10, 13:59
Hi All.

Was just wandering if any could just give me some advice.

Ive been having panic attacks since Nov but just lately they have gotten really bad.

This morning i have had one of the worst ones,

On a sunday we do our weekly shop and i have been avoiding going as soon as i get into asda i feel awful and have to go sit in the car.

Well today i was in the middle of getting ready and all of a sudden i could feel myself panicking and then all of a sudden i had to go to the toilet and just sat on the floor and was in hysterics i got really really hot and dizzy and was shaking uncontrollably like i said above i have never had it this bad before and now im really shook up.

Im meant to be going to my boyfriends parents later today but just dont feel like i am able to, all i want to do is just sit and cry.

I feel so worthless at the moment its really getting me down.

Any advice would be great.

dannibarbie2009
16-05-10, 18:13
Hi,

I have been struggerling with anixety, panic attacks or nearly 4 years now. I went to the doctors and put me on citalopram but didn't really work.
I have started to see a hypnotherapists and it has really helped me. It changes the way you think and what triggers a panic attack. I know how you feel when they become really bad you feel noone understands and is taking over your life but there is light at the end of the tunnel.
Please see the below website:
www.sich.co.uk (http://www.sich.co.uk)

Please feel free to contact me

Kind Regards
Danielle

amosxchick
16-05-10, 20:20
Hi Danielle.

Yeah it really feels like no-one understands unless they have been through it themselves. I was put on citalopram and i just didnt see no change being on them. Im due to see a therapist in a couple of weeks to have cognitive behavioural therapy but i am considering hypnotherapy aswell. Thanks for the website i shall definately have a look at it. I hope there is a light at the end of the tunnel as the days just seem to be getting darker not brighter.

Many Thanks.

Aimee.

dannibarbie2009
16-05-10, 20:35
Yes I mean I would encourage speaking to your friends,family etc so It takes a weight off your shoulder should never bottle things up.
I def agree only someone truely understands when they have been through it. Feel free to message me or p message me anytime to chat or information.

Can I ask what situations make your anxiety worse?Or any situations do you avoid??
I tend to avoid social situations in busy crowded places i.e nightclubs, pub,restaurants etc. Basically places which are enclosed and I feel trapped incase I have a panic attack and I need to get out.
Thats why Hypno help with your new way of thinking!!
I went to hypno for 3/4months and it changed my life it was like I never suffered from panic attacks. But unfortunatly I had a tragedy in the family and set me back. I am now again at Hypno but def can see a difference already again.

There is light at the end of the tunnel just somedays you can always see it!! Like everyone you have good and bad days.

But this website is great for speaking to other people who truely understand. I only joined today and have gained so much info and spoken to so many people.

Hugs to You. Even though some times you feel alone there are so many people including me going through the same things as you!!

x

gladyscourt
16-05-10, 21:13
Hey i say look into hypnotherapy! I havent tried it myself but id love it, its supposed to work wonders! Doesnt work for everyone but its worth a try definatly. Try practising ur breathing. Take 10 mins of ur day to sit down somewhere nice n quiet. And breath in, 2, 3, 4. Out 2, 3, 4. And so on.

It really helps once uve got hang of a nice slow rythm, when ur having a panic attack to try and do the breathing. Takes practice believe me i wont lie to u, but once u have hang of it it helps u let the panic flow thru u. Trying to stop the panic will only make it worse. if that makes any sense

Tash xx

thetube82
17-05-10, 00:36
best thing i would say is bite the bullet and go to your boyfriends parents straight away, and next Sunday go to Asda and do your shopping, the more you run from your fears the more they control you..........dont forget wot you were told to do to bullies, STAND UP TO THEM!! (and that is all that anxiety is, a bully)

thetube82

amosxchick
17-05-10, 14:17
Hey all.

Danielle - Its supermarkets, pubs, clubs, even going round my friends houses can cause me to have an attack. I used to be fine as long as the person would be able to get in contact with my mum or dad, but now even if i go somewhere with my mum i still panic. Theres very few places i like to go now.

The good news is i did go to my boyfriends parents with a lot of help and support from him and that he was constantly holding my hand and telling me i can do it. I felt proud of myself afterwards, yet i know its only a tiny step towards getting to where i want to be. I am determined im going to go shopping next week my boyfriend has been reading this website and its nice to know that he wants to know more about it and ways that he can help me.

I am definately going to look into hypnotherapy and im hoping that cognitive behavioural therapy is going to help me.

thetube82 - i actually agree anxiety is just another bully trying to give you hell in life.

The breathing exercises are going to be used i also have a hairband round my wrist whenever i go out just so when i get nervous/anxious i can ping myself and bring myself back to reality as such.

Thanks Everyone.