PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone wonder?........

Granny Primark
16-05-10, 18:25
I just wonder when in circumstances of great stress they can cope but the least little problem i.e the car breaking down, the photo on the wall falling off, you get really stressed?
I get stressed being in a traffic jam and cant cope. Yet last year my my grandaughter was rushed into hospital with a virus and I took her to the hospital!
Its really strange how we can cope when we really have to.

eeyorelover
16-05-10, 19:39
That is so very true Lynn!

I have been thinking about this and here is what I have come up with.

When in a life threatening or really stressful situation we don't really have time to dwell on the situation itself, only what needs to be done to fix it.
Ex. Your Granddaughter was sick and you had to get her to the hospital so all your attention was directed to getting her to the hospital.
Small things that aren't that serious leave plenty of time to dwell on the issue, mull it over, and so you feel the stress of it more.

That's what I think anyway :)

ElizabethJane
16-05-10, 19:39
Not sure if I would want to test your theory Lynne. My son had a very severe nose bleed. I had just recently come out of hospital after major surgery. I sobbed my heart out and could not cope. I could not stop my sons nose bleed. Fortunately my husband was off work to look after me and took my son to hospital. I'm sure I would cope although I'm not so sure that I would. I would probably phone one of my friends to rescue me!