PDA

View Full Version : emetophobia.

tinker.
16-05-10, 19:31
heeelo emets :)
right i have the worst cold ever :(
well it feels that way :L
i have got headache, blocked nose, sore throat, and never guess ...
i feel sick :L
do i have a bug?
or do i feel sick because of the cold :/
need slight heelp,
write back soon as please thanks x

tinker.
16-05-10, 20:20
and i have a temperature :(
im very scared, please help x

tinker.
16-05-10, 23:01
& now im even more scared, my friends just told me shes bin sick, and she felt like me before :( omg so scared.
help me emets :(

unspoken
16-05-10, 23:49
Hi. I am feeling unwell tonight as well.

I know exactly how you feel, if someone mentions that they've been sick then it makes me feel that I am going to be sick.

It sounds like you have a cold but you are anxious that you have something that is going to make you sick. Totally understandable. The same virus can hit different people in different ways and there are many different types of viruses going around. The best thing to do is to try to put it out of your mind. Watch some comedy on TV or DVD to distract you. Tell yourself that you feel fine, you've just got a cold. Sip some water and try to relax, you will be ok :hugs:

tinker.
16-05-10, 23:54
i got a sore throat first, which is the first symptom and my friend just told me she had a headache and felt tired and sick first, im still scared tho, and i swear i caught it off my sister, she had a cold not long ago, and my mums got it aswell :(

tinker.
17-05-10, 00:43
has just tried to go to sleep, and woke up, my sniffley nose has almost gone, i have a flemy sore throat and all of the back of my nose hurts ... and i keep burning up, im very very very very scared :'(

tinker.
17-05-10, 00:45
im sweating and my tummy keeps making funny noises, omg im so scared please someone help me, tell me im not going to be sickkkk :'(

Danath
17-05-10, 01:44
I doubt it hun, I've had exactly the same feelings when ive had a cold (am emetophobe too) I thinks its because theres a little less oxygen getting to the brain and because we swallow a lot of muck from the cold that we can feel a little icky with a cold, I really doubt its a stomach bug and i think its very unlikely you'll be sick hun, if it gets too rough try something soothing on the tummy - mint tea, nibble a ginger biscuit, take a motilium/pepto bismol, sip water and relax hun, its jsut part of the cold, and vomiting isnt something that usually happens when one gets a cold.

you'll be ok, I hope this helps :)

Dan

tinker.
17-05-10, 13:22
thaaanks very much, this really helped <3

HelenLouise
19-05-10, 12:20
hope you're feeling better now!
I had the exact same thing a few weeks ago and wasn't sick at all!
i think with a bug it is more of a sudden onset rather then a gradual developing illness if that makes sense!
Try not to worry, you will be fine :D xxx