PDA

View Full Version : post concussion syndrome

boristhedonkey
16-05-10, 20:03
Hi guys i belive im suffering with post concussion syndrome ,im 27 years old male, i play rugby and took a knock to the head, i wasnt knocked out and continued to play the game . It was the next day when the symptons started of dizziness light sensitive etc it felt like a severe cold and treated for that. After a week i went to my g.p and they suggest i rest up , also have my eyes tested ? i did both and after three weeks some symptoms dissapeared, my focus slowley got better. It continued to cause me discomfort .week four i had a very bad day of the symptoms becoming worse and went to the hospital where they found my ears full off wax and booked me in to get them cleared. All done but the symptoms of feeling drunk and anxiaty are still here its bin 8 weeks and i was just wondering if any one can rest me asure this is normal . some days i feel im getting better and then i get low cause it doesnt seem the conditions going away, ive had no scans as the hospital doesnt seem to think i warrant them? If the symptoms dont improve by week 10 il go bk to my g.p .:shrug:

LucyR
16-05-10, 21:24
Hi, Were you aware of having any of these symptoms of anxiety before you got the knock to your head?

boristhedonkey
17-05-10, 20:13
hi lucy , no my i was as fit as a fiddle no symptoms whatso ever. Are you suffering from such symptoms ? ive just started back at work so im hoping itl take my mind of it and itl just get better