PDA

View Full Version : Does Citalopram make your hair fall out ?

greeneyes
16-05-10, 20:59
Hi,
I'm a newbie to this but have written about an important side effect of Citalopram that often goes unidentified by health care professionals ( Gps & pharmacists ) - accelerated hair loss !

Whilst this is scary as hell for those who it affects, I've found that Doctors etc consistantly refuse to accept the drug can cause this amount of shedding .... as a result of this, I've stayed on the drug for 18 months & watched vast amounts of my once thick, mane of hair disappear down the plughole - not much fun !

If you've time / suffered the same side effects, PLEASE take the time to read my thread in Citalopram / hair loss as I'd love to hear from you - I'm going to try & get the info used by drs et al updated so no one else is told they're imagining this is happening to them.

If you've had this and have recovered, please tell me your experiences, we're all terrified of baldness, especially us girlies.

Thanks for listening - I hope I'm not the only one who's losing more hair than normal - as if we don't have enough stress !!

Be kind to yourselves xx

Pink Natalie
06-05-14, 17:11
Please read my reply to a similar post. I believe it does considering what I've read any what I'm experiencing. It's really distressing and it shouldn't be ignored. X