PDA

View Full Version : Sam

samvi
17-05-10, 10:32
been suffering with panic and anxiety attacks for last five years started when i developed migraines, Doctors were not very understanding and misdiagnosed i ended up paying provately to see neurologist who at least confirmed that iwas not going mad but find it difficult to cope with the pain and end up havinf a panick attack have taken myself, embarresingly to A and E a couple of times.
Tried every complimentary therapy under sun, been on citalopram for three months only on 10mg as when i tried to increase it i felt very strange.
Have decided i don't want medication and am going to try and continue to work through it myself but feel very odd trying to come off meds.
Weird feelings in head like it's burning and then very dizzy, i am taking 10mg every other day, any thoughts do feel so alone and can't cope with being me.

nomorepanic
17-05-10, 10:36
Hi samvi

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

marie1974
17-05-10, 20:36
hello and welcome to nmp, u will find lots of great advice and support here and make new friends too, hugs xx

curlybird
17-05-10, 21:16
Hi Sam,

Yeah unfortunately the meds can have some weird side effects. What you have described all sounds normal, so I wouldn't worry too much. Just come off the Citalopram nice and slow. If you get really concerned, I'd have a chat with your GP.

Big hugs to you :hugs:
Curly x

Veronica H
17-05-10, 22:20
:welcome:to NMP. Glad that you have found us.

Veronicax

samvi
21-05-10, 20:56
Thanks it is so reasuring to know you are not alone.
It's difficult when your friends and family don't understand sometimes you just need to know you are not weird