PDA

View Full Version : Hi.... I'm Bec

greeneyes
17-05-10, 13:20
Hi ..... I'm Bec and I'm new to all of this !

I've been battling with depression and self esteem issues ( you'll never see my ugly mug posted on this site) for what seems like a lifetime now and I only wish I'd found you all sooner.

It strikes me that anxiety / depression is one of the most misunderstood conditions ever - you only really understand it, in all it's guises, if you've been there, so it's great to finally be able to speak ( if I'm brave enough) to others in the same boat.

I look forward to meeting as many of you as possible in the forums - if we all stick together we can make life more bearable for each other & hopefully make our behaviour / experiences easier to accept for those around us.

Cheers,

Bec x

nomorepanic
17-05-10, 13:22
Hi greeneyes

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

city2010
17-05-10, 13:59
hi this post is brilliant as im in the same boat. hopefully we can all stick togther to get through this as most of people dont understand the condition. if anybody wants to chat just txt as its better to talk

greeneyes
17-05-10, 15:20
Hi,

Thanks for replying ( & your kind words re. the post ).....I was worried no one would respond, there's confidence for you !!

So glad you feel the same about how others perceive mental health issues. Amazing isn't it that despite all we're going through, we all still find the time (& strength) , not only to want to help others in the same situation but want to take on the ENORMOUS challenge of trying to educate the wider public.

We want "them" to see & know that we're not moody, or strange, hermits or people to be avoided......

We're smart, sensitive, funny & at times, scared as hell at the things are minds are telling us / trying to make us believe. We have had to come to terms with who we are & the cards that life has dealt us - as difficult as they are and are dealing with it, why then can't others ? Because they haven't been there !

Keep talking - it's the only way to remember that we're amazing people with an insight into a world that we may not like, but few have the strength to inhabit.

Oh, thanks again for making a newbie feel so welcome.

Veronica H
17-05-10, 17:21
:welcome:to NMP Bec. Glad that you have found us.

Veronicax

greeneyes
17-05-10, 17:34
Thanks for the warm welcome Veronica - good to know you're there !

If I don't have cats, should I avoid clothing that won't panic my dogs ? :)

x

city2010
17-05-10, 18:43
ye jus need to find the strength to tell everybody what im going through as this is horrible hopefully we can keep in touch on the road to recvoery

greeneyes
17-05-10, 18:54
Hi City2010

Please keep in touch - I've been battling this thing for years now & it's always good to talk to others in good times & bad.

How are things with you at the moment ? Strength levels holding up ok ? Plenty of supportive people around you or are you struggling to get them to understand what you're going through too ?

curlybird
17-05-10, 21:18
Hi Bec,

welcome to NMP :)

If you need to chat you know where we all are.

Hugs to you :hugs:

Curlz x