PDA

View Full Version : numb lips

ems1987
17-05-10, 13:58
Hi guys,

Having a pretty rough time at the moment.

And now, since yesterday I feel like my lips are numb. Am now convincved that I have
An reaction to something and am going to have an anaphalytic shock.

Sounds silly but really quite scary :(

LucyR
17-05-10, 14:17
Hi, Yes I think this can be nerves or perhaps related to posture while using computer etc.

Jo3016
17-05-10, 14:23
Numb or tingly lips is a classic symptom of over breathing and having too much carbon dioxide. You can over breathe all the time without having the extreme symptoms of a full panic attack. This can cause a feeling of "air hunger", palpitations and ectopic beats, dizziness and tingling hands, feet and lips amongst others.

I am over breathing all the time at the moment and am having a lot of the above, especially ectopic heatbeats. I have had my heart checked out but I still panic every time I feel one and then I focus on my heart so much that I have more and more!! It is a vicious cycle!!

Zee
17-05-10, 14:29
My brother had this for a while and tingling across his scalp.. Was diagnosed anxiety.

Veronica H
17-05-10, 17:34
:hugs:I have an Anaphylactic shock if I eat Kiwi fruit. It is an instant and very serious reaction and I am sure that you do not have this. I hope this helps. My lips do get numb at times due to anxiety.

Veronicax

anthrokid
18-05-10, 05:14
Heya Ems,

My panic attacks and anxiety give em the most horrible sensations like numbness in my lips and tongue and the feeling of a swollen face and swollen and closing throat. I always think it's going to be anaphylactic shock and I freak out, because I do have allergies, although I've never ever had anaphylaxis. It's just a fear. My doctor and psych tell em that numbness in the lips is generally caused by hyperventilating and a lot of the time we dont even realise we do it. Try and breathe deep and slow and see if it helps :)