PDA

View Full Version : Churgling in throat...

mumble
17-05-10, 17:08
I've had this on and off - gets worse with my anxiety.
Like a tightness in my throat/chest.
And feel like I need to burp. Sort of air churgles up my throat.
Is this common? Is it air swallowed? How do I help it?

Vixxy
17-05-10, 17:23
Hi mumble, I get a feeling in my throat as if someone i compressing it. And its always from gas!
You could probably take something like an antacid or andrews to help you burp. Personally I drop my shoulders and relax them and for some reason 8/10 times the burp comes up from that.

Going home
17-05-10, 17:32
We tend to swallow more air when we're anxious and this creates more gas which would give you the tight feeling in your throat and chest too, its common in anxiety sufferers. Its uncomfortable but harmless.

Love the word 'Churgling' by the way...word of the month lol!

Anna xx :D

Sarah Louise
17-05-10, 22:49
I have had this for the past few days and it has made my anxiety ten fold.

I feel like air is stuck in my throat and i feel like i cant breath very well.
When i breath in i get a very odd sensation as well in the middle of stoamch near my ribs its wierd.
I have the doctors tomorrow with it so i will let you no what they say!
Probably down to trapped wind like the others said but no matter what i try i can't get the air up!

xfilme
22-05-10, 01:08
i have had exactly the same problem for a year. its a sensation that i feel in my diaphragm (centre base of my rib cage above my stomach) and the dip in the centre of my neck, like someones pushing a finger in there for a second at a time to block off the airflow. Does this sound similar? My doc tells me its in my mind.

Sarah Louise
22-05-10, 01:17
This is exactly the same as what i have been getting.

I went to the doctors and they said it is down to reflux and trapped wind! Also anxiety and panic will make it worse something to do with the throat muscles contracting i have been given omprazol which is going to reduce the amount of acid i produce in my stomach.

You will be pleased to know its not life threatning i hope this helps x