PDA

View Full Version : Hello, holiday troubles...

Chris2785
17-05-10, 21:21
Hi,

Basically i have been suffering with anxiety and depression for about 10 years.

i'm off the meds (seroxat) and things are looking up. ( not took anything for over a year )

until today...

I am going to spain on saturday and i am really, really worried about going..
I had to ring into work ill today since i was up half the night.

I travelled a few years ago to portugal with family, and what should of been a relaxing break, turned into me having a nervous breakdown.

I travelled up to wales for the weekend with friends a few weeks ago and was totally fine.

But what im feeling now AGAIN is the fear with what anxiety brings..

lior
17-05-10, 21:35
Holidays are proven to be stressful events - even if you enjoy them. It's ok to be a bit anxious about it - you're going to a new country with a different language. It's exciting and a bit scary.

You don't know what will happen on this holiday, but if you enter into it as positively as you can, you'll make the best you can of it. Who are you going with?

If you can go to Wales and have a good time... you can definitely go to Spain and have a good time!! Weather's 1000 times better!

hallam11
17-05-10, 21:36
Hello,

I wanted to reply to say SNAP! I am going on holiday on Wednesday to Fuetuventura and I am so scared and worried about going also.

I have depression and anxiety and ocd, but I am in the middle of the worst episode I have ever had and don't feel like a holiday is going to be relaxing for me!

I have the fear also, the best I can do is to use distraction as much as I can! I have books, my ipod, ear plugs and everything that I can think of to help me!

I feel your pain! x

Chris2785
17-05-10, 22:10
Thanks guys, your comments really do mean a lot.

I'm going on holiday with 7 of my friends.

We will all be in a villa so i will have a lot of my own time if i need it.

Some of my closest friends kind of know how i am, but id hate to spoil the holiday for them.

I really dont care about losing money if i dont go.

But if i dont go, i dont think i ever will.

claire930
17-05-10, 22:43
SNAP, Me too, i go away in 6 weeks its a 7 hour drive down to newquay to a holiday park with my partner and kids, im scared of being away from home and having a panic attack in the car!!, its making me not want to go :-(

lavender123
20-06-10, 19:29
hi there, i know it might sound silly, but i am going to hastings/in 3 weeks time, by coach, staying at a hotel, for 4 nights, but its bad enough travelling with my fear of panic etc, but the reviews of the hotel are not very good, and its all paid for,but i have not been anywhere for years, i have been basically stuck at home, any suggestions on how to break this cycle of apprehension. thanks:)