PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else feel like me?????

Sarah Louise
17-05-10, 21:53
Good Evening Everyone,

I am new the Forum i am 24 year old Female and i am a new mum to my 4 month and 3 week old daughter Olivia-Rose.

I have been suffering with Health Anxiety for 3 years.
I had talk therapy to start then caught pregnant with my daughter and it finished because i thought it had gone.
Then i had my daughter and baby blues kicked in only the anxiety came with it. It has come back with a vegence.

The last 4 months have been hell its suppose to be the best time of my life yet i have let anxiety ruin it. I have IBS and Gastric Reflux which do not help me at all. I get a lot of trapped wind in my upper gut and i feel like i can not breath. I am convinced i have cancer or something and the doctors have missed it.

Today has been my worst day to date i have got this weird feeling in my head it feels like something is draining down for the top of my head to the tips of my toe. My neck is all tight and my shoulders. I have been getting really bad shivers throughout my body.
I get lightheaded all the time and i am always exhausted come 1pm. I also can not eat because my stomach churns so much?

I have a daughter and it is killing me that she is missing out on my attention because my head is somewhere else everyone around me my support network work all day so i am on my own and i think what if something happens to me? I cant do this anymore i cry all the time and sit and dwell on symptoms that arent there.
If anyone else has simular symptoms i would love to hear from you.

hugs
17-05-10, 22:10
A big huge hello!! unfortunately I don't have much time to post too much at the mo but I will pm you tomorrow if that's ok?! But just to quickly let you know that I am in a similar situation, I am 25 (26 on Wednesday tho) and my anxiety began when I was 4 weeks pregnant. My pregnancy was planned and I was delighted but then anxiety came (and altho I can't say it totally ruined everything because I still have a healthy gorgeous baby boy and I'm still half sane) it has still pooped on everything big style!!!!!!!! My son is nearly 10 months old and despite cbt and lots of willpower I'm still suffering. I'll message you properly tomorrow to tell you my whole story when i'm on my laptop, this iPhone duz my nut! And I would love to hear more about you too.

Take there until then !

XxxX

Sarah Louise
17-05-10, 22:15
That would be brilliant because right now i feel so alone thanks for posting x

claire930
17-05-10, 22:39
Hi, my anxiety and panic attacks started 3 months after my daughter hannah olivia was born, i went through hell, i felt like i couldn't look after her on my own i always had to have somebody with me, i had all sorts of things going on, i was convinced i was dying i went to the emergency doctor to be told i had suffered a panic attack,
I was prescribed citalopram and after a while i was back to my normal self again, had another baby, harvie, life was going really well until i decided to stop them because i thought i didnt need pills anymore,
I shouldn't have stopped because all the anxiety and panic attacks come back big time!!, now i am into my third week of the medication and i am starting to feel abit more normal, I know medication isnt right for everyone, but it helped me, i just cant wait until i can take my kids out to the park again without the fear of rushing home because i can feel an attack comming on.

Take care Claire :-)

Sarah Louise
17-05-10, 22:52
Thanks Paul, I am just so worried i wont get this under control and it will effect Olivia or make her get anxiety which i would never forgive myself if she did.
My partner is also been my rock but like yourself i feel like such a buden on him i cry all the time and like he needs that after a long day in the office i bet he dreads coming home.

Sarah Louise
17-05-10, 23:02
I will take all that on board thank you. I cant believe i have been dealing with this for 3 years and thinking i am alone i have had more advise on here in 1 hour than in 3 years lol i do feel better that i am not alone but i also feel sad that so many people suffer.