PDA

View Full Version : hi

flowerpot
17-05-10, 23:31
Hello

I've suffered from panic attcks for 24 yrs and I haven't had a serious attack for a couple of years

I hope I can contribute in a positive way and somewhere if needed I can talk to people who understand.

:yesyes::yesyes::yesyes:

ally b
17-05-10, 23:35
:welcome: flowerpot. this site is amazing, glad ya found us xx

diane07
17-05-10, 23:37
Hi flowerpot

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

flowerpot
18-05-10, 00:01
Thankyou for the welcome Allyb and Diane07:D
I have been looking at the posts and info already,that was partly why i registered you have alot of good information.

I hope i can give support and advice and i'm only too aware that everyones attacks are different.

When my attacks were at there worst it was really debilatating, and quite exhausting,
I think the most frighteneing part of my attacks is when i get the sensation of disassosiation, it's very difficult to describe, it's almost like being in a trance and my head doesn't seem part of my body (it's sounds like i'm barking mad lol:)) this can last for 30 minutes or more, when i got the claw hand i thought i was having a stroke, my husband rushed me to the hospital....

I've never taken any medication for my panic attacks and touch wood i now have them under control, and i think that is where the key lies, feeling in control i think is an important part of helping myself deal with this condition,( is it a condition???)

thanks again for welcoming me to the forum:D

Veronica H
18-05-10, 09:16
:welcome:to NMP Flowerpot. Glad that you have found us.

Veronicax

flowerpot
18-05-10, 09:56
:D thankyou, i'm glad i found you too :)

Catte
18-05-10, 17:11
I am bowled over by this site - I sooo wish something like this was available when I was first diagnosed 16 years ago. :blush: