PDA

View Full Version : Chinchillas

Bluebelle
18-05-10, 01:57
Does anyone have any experience with chinchillas?
I am looking to expand my "family" and was wondering if anyone has had one.
I am reading everything I can on them and they sound perfect !
Thank you for any replies !

Granny Primark
18-05-10, 09:12
I think they are adorable and would love one.
Google them.

Bluebelle
18-05-10, 20:36
Thanks for your reply !
I have been googling them and they seem wonderful
I'll keep you posted if I am lucky enough to adopt one !

ammiemum
21-05-10, 03:41
oh boy chinchillas!
at the moment i am looking after my 2 and a few pairs belonging to my daughter they are adorable ,dont seem to have many probs [if you have pairs they seem to be prolific producers!!] they are apparently best fed on pellets as with food that is various shapes/colours etc they get choosy and just chuck out all except the 'one they want. i get 'treats' for ours as long as they are chinch ones its fine.they do not get wet as thier fur will just fall out, i am told! they really enjoy a sand bath and you can get an amazing variety of coloursand a brill thing is that thier fur is so dense that they dont get fleas etc as they suffocatee in it. these are al things that we have been told from others over the last few years and following basic hygiene rules they seem to be happy and the more you handle them the friendlier they are. i love mine they are sooo cute!
p.s. if you have any qs i could ask the people i know who breed them , there are also lots of pet books on chinch keeping and of course many websites .i hope this helps a bit

Bluebelle
21-05-10, 22:23
Wow !
Thanks for all the info- you're so kind to share
I saw a little one (5 months old) at our local pet hop and he/she STOLE my heart. I had to walk away because I wa afraid to buy on impulse and then find I couldn't give the little critter a fine home.

This little guy had so much personality - I loved watching all the antics. He was so friendly- he would come to the edge of his cage and climb up so we could scratch his belly.

You're so lucky to have such experience with these little guys. You must have hours and hours of joy just watching them and playing with them- have you had little babies? I can't imagine how small their babies are- or all the colours.

The more research I do the more I am convinced I have found my newest family members.

Thank you for all your useful info !

XXX