PDA

View Full Version : I Thought I Was Getting Better.....

Steve37
18-05-10, 12:43
Then i had a panic attack in the Jobcentre today. I'm now back to where i was before.:sad:

jothenurse
18-05-10, 12:50
I just posted that I had a huge panic attack this morning when I got up - which I am usually pretty shakey, but not like this. I usually am gaggy in the morning and the psychiatrist has me on 1 mg of Ativan. I got up, thought I had a hot flash or maybe I felt faint, my heart was going a little faster, and then I just had a big panic attack. Got really scared. I thought I was doing better, too.

JaneC
18-05-10, 13:08
Steve, this doesn't have to mean you're back to where you were at worst at all - try to think of it as a setback, which you can recover from. And you can recover from it if you were doing well beforehand - what were the circumstances that brought it on? :hugs:

Veronica H
18-05-10, 13:41
jobcentres are such depressing holes that I am not surprised:bighug1:. I promise you will not be back to where you were before Steve, so try not to be too hard on yourself. This will be as big or as small as you make it by giving it the 'what if' workout....what if I never get better?, what if this means I can't go out tomorrow?. This is an illness of how we think. Get out there again as soon as you can buddy and let the panic wash over you without being impressed by it.

Veronicax

lkdugg2
28-06-10, 05:04
I can't even think about panic attacks without getting anxious that same day later on. I will think oh wow, it's been awhile since I've really been scared/panicky and then that same night I will be anxiety-ridden.