PDA

View Full Version : Greetings and salutations!

Neen
18-05-10, 14:23
Hi there,

I'm a fairly new sufferer from Anxiety. Had a few bad panic attacks a couple of months back; however haven't had another since (thank the lord). My current problem is Globus Hystericus Grrrrrr!

It's driving me mad - if that's what it is? Anyway I've read lots of posts on here and thought I would join and try to gain some help and knowlegde. Also to help others! We're in the same boat huh? Lets beat this! :yesyes:

Regards,

Nina.

diane07
18-05-10, 14:32
Hi Neen

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

phattgal
18-05-10, 20:22
Hi Nina,
Just wanted to say Hi, been browsing round the site and have come upon your posts a couple of times with some of the same symptoms as I have. about 9 years ago i started fretting about my moles and ended up having a large one removed (though fortunatly it was fine) but it triggered a whole shed load of other things one of the main ones being this Huuuugeeeeee lump in my throat, I was absolutely convinced there was something there because it was just so real, many trips to the docs (my doc is the areas ENT doc) and he assured me there was nothing there....even had thyroid tests in case it was related but no....the mind really is THAT powerful and what suggests to me that yours is the same is that mine completely dissappeared while eating......which if it were real then surely it would be worse while eating huh? also when i got up in the morning it was not there then after being up for 5/10 mins it would just start again. well anyway it really does go away as soon as you start to accept it as anxiety and tension(difficult i know) but i started having anxiety etc again a couple of months ago and guess what was one of the first things to make an appearance......globus, but i recognised it for what it was rather than thinking it was life threatening, and it had dissapeared within a couple of hours....yes it comes and goes but hey its better than pain eh?
Also the death phobia is my major problem im terrified that everything i have is a symptom of something bigger and obviously the doctors and dentists with all their years of training have missed something. this is what i need to work on, and i recently been given meds and at the moment im too scared to take them lol, jayz i really need to give myself a talking to.......
:hugs:
Jo xxx (sorry for the long rambling post btw)

Vanilla Sky
18-05-10, 20:30
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome: paige x