PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Had The Same?

amosxchick
18-05-10, 15:30
Hi All.

I had a really weird experience last night that has not happened before.

To give a bit of an explanation I had an appointment with the nurse this morning and had asked my best friend to come along for some support, she text me just before i was going to go bed asking if i wanted to go round her house after to have some lunch with her and another friend which i said yes to thinking i need to start doing things like that more to build up my confidence. Well i then laid in bed watching the tv my boyfriend was already asleep but as soon as i turned it off i just started panicking about what i was going to have to do in the morning this in turn started my heart racing and made me feel really sick i then spent the next 3 hours sat on the sofa in the other room crying.

Ive never had an attack at night like that before and its getting to the point where im now worrying it will happen again tonight, i know thats thinking 'what if' and it might not happen.

Just wandering if anyone else has had this happen to them?

Aimee.

pollyanna
18-05-10, 17:07
Hi Aimee,
I have lost count how many times in the past i have done this and
Im sure lots of people here will be able to identify with this. you thoughts were no longer distracted with the tv after you turned it off ,and gave them free reign to start off all the' what if' scenarios. what you have experienced is very common.
the problem is, the more we worry about it happening, it starts off that anxiety cycle, and then it is more likely to happen again, :mad:.
As horrible as it is, you have to remind yourself that you came to no harm, and it was caused by your thoughts, and the thoughts lead to the physical symptoms.
Dont let this put you off, to be able to improve and beat anxiety we have to push ourselves, initially its unpleasant and i know its scary, but the more you do it the easier it will get, and you will grow in confidence as you world gets bigger.

best wishes

P x

karen001
19-05-10, 22:44
i leave my tv on all night for comfort and to stop me thinking.mines concering driving without having pa again.getting thereand i worked to hard to start driving to let it beat me!