PDA

View Full Version : Did your anxiety get worse after.....For ladies

Kelly326
18-05-10, 16:36
Did your anxiety get worse after you had a baby? I have health anxiety really kind of mild actually and im wondering if it could get worse after I have a child. Any thoughts?

twiglet
18-05-10, 17:54
hi kelly,
all my panic attacks and anxiety started after i had my son. but thats not to say that it will get worse for you. everyone is diffrent and cope in diffrent ways.
im sure you will be fine.
even though i have suffered with all these episodes and attacks over the past ten years i wouldnt change a single thing. my son is the most precious thing in my life and i love him more than anything.
and on the plus side im coping alot better now than when it first started.
it can only get better. postitive thinking :D

all my best,
twigs

Vixxy
18-05-10, 18:11
Ive not had kids myself, i fear that it could make my anxiety worse. I have enough trouble looking after myself let alone a baby!
However part of me wonders if I had something that was so helpless to look after, would i just get on with it and maybe improve my anxiety?

jaynee
18-05-10, 18:16
Hi, I fear my anxiety will get worse if I don't have another baby!! getting far too old now (43) but cant give up hope, just stress more and more each day. One minute I'm at the GP thinking I'm dying and needing brain scans and mri's, the next asking for referral to fertility clinic!! I really do think i'm cracking up. So, do not put off having children if u fear anxiety because u can't turn the clock back :D

Temenos
18-05-10, 18:32
Yes my HA has got a little worse since my little boy was born but it's just soooo worth it, he's the best thing that has ever happened to me and even HA can't spoil that!!!!! Good Luck xx

ladymama
19-05-10, 11:22
My anxiety only started after my second child, I would also like another and am worried I would be back at square 1, all I can say is that I am not going to let my anxiety ruin what I want to do with the rest of my life, just go into it with an open mind and things will turn out for the best, children are amazing and can make your life totally worthwhile. Good luck xx

kay18
19-05-10, 12:29
Hi im 35 weeks pregnant and my anxiet has got worse since i have been pregnant. After baby is born hopefully the doctors will give me the right medication if it gets worse. Im hoping it wont. All the best xx

lucyeast
19-05-10, 12:57
HI my anxiety only started after i had my second child before this i had been a very happy go lucky sort of person. my baby was born in september and i had complications after the birth and i had really bad anxiety and panic attack for about 6 month stating to feel a lot better now though.
good luck hope you feel better soon