PDA

View Full Version : Hello from another Newbie !

Catte
18-05-10, 17:09
Hello :)
this is an amzing site!! I was diagnosed as a 'reactive depressive' 16 years ago and prescribed Fluoxetine (20mg) daily at this time. I have had vasrious degress of counselling and CBT but gradually increased the dose to 60mg Fluoxetine daily. During the past few months GP thought I may be peri-menopausal (night sweats, palpitations, insomnia) but after numerous blood tests we decided to change from the Prozac and try a differnet anti-d. Ametryptilene was suggested so over the past 3 weeks I have reduced from 3 prozac, down to 2 for a aweek then 1 for a week with 25mg of Ametryptilene at night. This is to continue for this week until Friday and then I stop Fluoxetine totally and increase to 50mg of Ametryptilene nightly. Sorry that seems quite long winded now :blush: Anyway...since Saturday I have had problems doing anything other than sleeping, I admit to having some alcohol on Saturday and Sunday but have spens the last 2 days in bed sleeping solidly! From researching new drug I think alcohol is a definate 'no no' from now on :doh: Has anyone else had similar happenings? - I think my main worry is after being on Prozac for so long I am terrified of the unknown ... All replies appreciated!! Catte xxx

diane07
18-05-10, 17:10
Hi Catte

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Catte
18-05-10, 17:13
Thanks Diane07 - there is so much good information here I am bowled over! I so wish there had been a site like this 16 years ago when I was first diagnosed...all those worrying questions that seemed too small to concern the doctor with are all covered here! Thank you already for making a difference :yesyes:

Vanilla Sky
18-05-10, 20:28
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome: Paige x

Marginalia
18-05-10, 23:08
Thanks Diane07 - there is so much good information here I am bowled over! I so wish there had been a site like this 16 years ago when I was first diagnosed...all those worrying questions that seemed too small to concern the doctor with are all covered here! Thank you already for making a difference :yesyes:

Yeah, it's great reading about other people with similar experiences and worries, and receiving reassurance from those who have got through them.

Now you're making me wonder if I am peri-menopausal (43, been waking in the night many times very hot, these last few weeks, very unpredictable mood-swings too including anxiety/depression). Ah well, nature will take its course. Would be nice to have an explanation like this rather than the other ones my health anxiety gives me ;)

Min.

gtfcgirl
18-05-10, 23:45
:welcome:
Hello :)
this is an amzing site!! I was diagnosed as a 'reactive depressive' 16 years ago and prescribed Fluoxetine (20mg) daily at this time. I have had vasrious degress of counselling and CBT but gradually increased the dose to 60mg Fluoxetine daily. During the past few months GP thought I may be peri-menopausal (night sweats, palpitations, insomnia) but after numerous blood tests we decided to change from the Prozac and try a differnet anti-d. Ametryptilene was suggested so over the past 3 weeks I have reduced from 3 prozac, down to 2 for a aweek then 1 for a week with 25mg of Ametryptilene at night. This is to continue for this week until Friday and then I stop Fluoxetine totally and increase to 50mg of Ametryptilene nightly. Sorry that seems quite long winded now :blush: Anyway...since Saturday I have had problems doing anything other than sleeping, I admit to having some alcohol on Saturday and Sunday but have spens the last 2 days in bed sleeping solidly! From researching new drug I think alcohol is a definate 'no no' from now on :doh: Has anyone else had similar happenings? - I think my main worry is after being on Prozac for so long I am terrified of the unknown ... All replies appreciated!! Catte xxx