PDA

View Full Version : Strange sensation in leg & face

Catalyst
18-05-10, 19:46
I don't really know how to describe the sensation I'm getting, but it is the same feeling in both my left calf and left cheek (face, that is!). It's like a tightening of the skin or possibly a tingling (but not quite like pins & needles). It happens suddenly and lasts a couple of seconds then subsides. Happens on & off throughout the day and has done for about 3 days. It doesn't hurt, but it's getting me nervous about neurological problems again. Can anyone relate to these symptoms? :shrug:

stressbunny
18-05-10, 20:45
Hi there.

I have spent most of this year stressing about neuro problems (amongst other health anxieties!)..if you track back through my threads you will see twitching, numbness, jerking, pins and needles..the lot..

Anyway, with CBT, I am on the road to recovery, but I do have a spasm in my face that I have treated with Botox (this is a separate issue to my HA and predates it).

I was with the neurologist this afternoon getting jabbed and I thought I would be brave and talk to him about my neuro fears..and the twitches and sensations that I have experienced (not something I could have done a month ago!)

He said, firstly, anxiety causes all sorts of things...but we know that...BUt what he also said was the high alert nervous systems make you aware of things that nobody would normally notice. He said that everyone twitches and jerks...everyone has sensations for no apparent reason...he even said everyone experiences numbness from time to time...but no-one EXCEPT US notices them!!

Your sensations are probably normal, but increased by an overwrought nervous system, and would not be noticed by someone else without anxiety (oh how I long for those days of blissful ignorance where I noticed no symtoms)...

He gave me two bits of advice for reducing anxiety...be organised and get exercising...let's hope it is that simple!!

xxx