PDA

View Full Version : Quetiapine 25mg

Kerry B
18-05-10, 22:27
I have seen my Psychiatrist today and been prescribed Quetiapine 25mg and told to take one tablet at night, as anyone else tried these? do they work?

Many Thank

Kerry

Lima
20-05-10, 16:15
Hi,

I take Quetiapine. I guess the answer depends upon why you have been prescribed it. I use Quetiapine to relax, and they certainly help with that, in the hope that I will sleep, but I require a much higher dose to actually get to sleep! Everyone is different so there are no guarantees that because a medication works for one person, it will work for another.

I hope it helps you.

Feel free to pm me if you have any other questions.

Lima x

bomberbeamish
25-05-10, 09:04
i take it,, its saved me from a very dark place,, really worked for anixety and has started to make me feel normal again,

good luck

naki
11-06-10, 13:36
hello there,
i to take quetiapine. i take it for bipolar disorder and i take from 100 grms to 200grms depending on my doctor and my highs and lows. it has really helped me as well.
best of luck to u :)
naki

Fuzzy_Logic
14-06-10, 10:46
I have seen my Psychiatrist today and been prescribed Quetiapine 25mg and told to take one tablet at night, as anyone else tried these? do they work?

Many Thank

Kerry
Been on them for 10 months now, my daily dose is 400mg and it has helped me in many ways since I've been taking it.

Kerry B
14-06-10, 11:03
Thanks everyone for your replies.

I am taking these for Anxiety, but they really make me feel tired in the morning, but they do make me sleep. My Psychiatrist said I should take 25mg at night at 25mg in the morning, Ive tried it but in the day, I could not concentrate at work just needed to be a sleep.

Do they make any of you this sleepy.

Thanks again x

Jebdog
14-06-10, 17:34
Being sleepy is an common side effect of this drug. I believe it should pass with time but have never taken the drug myself so couldn't be 100% sure. Maybe one of the members who have taken the drug could give you there experience.

Fuzzy_Logic
15-06-10, 11:31
Thanks everyone for your replies.

I am taking these for Anxiety, but they really make me feel tired in the morning, but they do make me sleep. My Psychiatrist said I should take 25mg at night at 25mg in the morning, Ive tried it but in the day, I could not concentrate at work just needed to be a sleep.

Do they make any of you this sleepy.

Thanks again x

Sedation is one of the main side effects with this but it does get easier once your body is used to the medication. I have to take 200mg in the morning and 200 mg at night but the morning dose I only take when needed.
Stick with them as they have done wonders for my BiPolar but if after a while you still feel sleepy in the day mention it to your pdoc.

Kerry B
07-07-10, 15:54
Hiya me again, I only take 25mg and had a really strange turn last night I took the pill 25mg at 8.50 and by 10.25 I could just about get upstairs to bed, its was like I was really drunk and just about managed to get in bed, cause this made me panic and I ended up visiting the Bathroom about 6 times, which didnt help me, I am scared to take this tablet again tonight, does anyone have any advise for me?x

bomberbeamish
07-07-10, 17:58
hi kerry,, i would keep with it the tirdness does ware off and it gets easier,, i would take it bout half hour befor bed,, they can no way make you panic you prob brought that on ya self,, ive been there,, i been on them a year now,, i take 50mg in morn and nite,, they have saved me totally,,, pm me if u want ,, xx

Chris3132
21-07-10, 01:35
Hiya me again, I only take 25mg and had a really strange turn last night I took the pill 25mg at 8.50 and by 10.25 I could just about get upstairs to bed, its was like I was really drunk and just about managed to get in bed, cause this made me panic and I ended up visiting the Bathroom about 6 times, which didnt help me, I am scared to take this tablet again tonight, does anyone have any advise for me?x

My first dose was the same I started to panic because of the initial doped up drowsiness was not expected but stick with them you get used to it and it becomes less potent after a few doses I look forward to the drowsiness now it helps me sleep :):)

shoebird
15-08-10, 01:43
I have been prescribed quetiapine 25mg by my doc to take at bedtime.
he hasn't really told me what he is treating me for ...he says my neurotransmitters are not functioning correctly....I feel like I am high on adrenalin all the time. I shake and I am short tempered...as if I have had too much coffee...I hate the feeling...
The tablets are making me feel like I am in someone elses body when I wake up...very strange....it takes me a very long time to feel fully awake..
the pharmacist says the drug is used as a mood stabiliser!! what does that mean exactly?
anyone ever feel this way and been given this drug?

GMarsh
29-08-10, 20:06
seroquel has been a good med for me to along with escitalapram stick with it