PDA

View Full Version : Chest infection? No its stress

blackberry1972
19-05-10, 10:05
For the past month i've had a cough and a general feeling that i've had a chest infection, ie a bit wheezy etc so yesterday I finally visited my GP.
Because I have been suffering from anxiety for 10 months now and I am still seeing a counselor my GP straight away though it was stress related. She did listen to my chest and told me it was as clean as a whistle and my blood presure and heart rate are perfect but I honestly don't think this is stress related. although on reflection I am currently fighting to save my job from a less then sympathetic employer and my Wife is due for an operation next Friday (not serious) but still the use of a general anesthetic is always a worry so I can see why she has come to this conclusion.
Has anyone else experianced any similar symptoms ie tight chest, slight shortness of breath, a bit of cough?

minnie h
19-05-10, 10:17
yes.iv got that now.tho my breathless feeling is cuming frm my tummy just umda my ribs but in the middle if that makes sence lol.its scaring me really bad.also hav a dry cough,am so worried thats its a respitory infection or cancer, iv seen doc and a nurse n they both said the same thing,anxiety x

busybeingmum
19-05-10, 10:21
Hi Blackberry. I get this - a tightness in my chest etc. It is anxiety (after I paniced I had lung cancer!) The cough as well is stress related. It is annoying but you have to accept it and try to ignore it. When my breathing feels very hard I find a run really helps or a walk - distraction is the best thing.

Tinkrebel
19-05-10, 10:32
Hi, that's exactly how I was diagnosed with HA, I had chest pains, wheezing and shortness of breath for about 4 weeks, went to the doctors and was then sent to the hospital for blood tests, ECG and chest X-ray, all came back with no problems. The symptons carried on for weeks after and as there had been no medical reason for them the doctor diagnosed anxiety. I still get them 5 months on, but now realise it is the anxiety that makes it happen.... just wish I knew how to stop it as well :weep:

blackberry1972
19-05-10, 13:49
Hi Blackberry. I get this - a tightness in my chest etc. It is anxiety (after I paniced I had lung cancer!) The cough as well is stress related. It is annoying but you have to accept it and try to ignore it. When my breathing feels very hard I find a run really helps or a walk - distraction is the best thing.

I've just been for a 5 mile run so I guess if it was a chect infection I wouldn't be able to do that.
What's annoying is that my HA symptoms up until now was muscle twitching which like most of the people on this forum only affects me when I have time to think about so when i'm totally focused or busy on something else I don't get it. I don't need any more symptoms especially when I thought I was getting this thing under control.

My GP did say that I could take some time off of work If needed, in fact I think she recommended I did but I really don't want to go down that route.

NeverRelaxed
19-05-10, 17:03
Ive got these symptoms,

Back pain (upper back between shoulder blades)
Wheeze
Slight shortness of breath, uncomfortable breathing.

I had these symptoms a few months back, they cleared up after a LONG time and now they are back!

Its because I have stupidly started smoking again though..after being smoke free for a numver of months. So ive only myself to blame.

blackberry1972
19-05-10, 17:14
Ive got these symptoms,

Back pain (upper back between shoulder blades)
Wheeze
Slight shortness of breath, uncomfortable breathing.

I had these symptoms a few months back, they cleared up after a LONG time and now they are back!

Its because I have stupidly started smoking again though..after being smoke free for a numver of months. So ive only myself to blame.

So are you saying they are smoking related?
I've never smoked.
Oh and my left uper thigh has just started twitching :scared15: