PDA

View Full Version : Do you think you control your symptoms

miss_hystericus
19-05-10, 13:00
I dont know whether i've worded that right really but what im wondering is whether when you read/think about something too much can you actually physically make them symptoms appear?

I am terrible for focusing on one thing and then stressing about it for a number of weeks and then I will move on to something else but I have noticed it a bit of a pattern to do with something i've read or heard about.

I am not in work at the moment and am convinced that I have far too much time on my hands to think about this stuff, anyone else feel like this?
x

blackberry1972
19-05-10, 14:04
I dont know whether i've worded that right really but what im wondering is whether when you read/think about something too much can you actually physically make them symptoms appear?

I am terrible for focusing on one thing and then stressing about it for a number of weeks and then I will move on to something else but I have noticed it a bit of a pattern to do with something i've read or heard about.

I am not in work at the moment and am convinced that I have far too much time on my hands to think about this stuff, anyone else feel like this?
x

I kinda know what you are getting at. Muscle twitching gets me worried and my brain knows this so Subconsciously I probably make this happen even though I don’t want it to. It’s like saying to someone “don’t think of pink Elephants”, the first you do is think of pink Elephants