PDA

View Full Version : Combined Depersonalization + depression symptoms

phil06
19-05-10, 15:57
Has anybody had a combination of these symptoms from stress?

Feeling very low..
No confidence
Hard to be positive even if there is some..
Unreality, depersonalization
Feel I'm not here or going mad
Up, down symptoms vary in degree of intensity in the day..mild to severe?

And how did you get over it? :unsure:

jothenurse
19-05-10, 17:22
I do get feelings of unreality - usually some every day, but they can come and go and I try to just ignore them and distract myself and that seems to help. In the morning is my worse time - I feel like I just can't do it any more, am always feeling gaggy (which I take Ativan for which doesn't always help). As the day goes on, I usually start to feel a little better (not always), so I just try to keep busy in the morning - take care of the dog, take a bath, then go for a walk and just try to keep my mind off of gagging.

anth0ny
23-05-10, 07:35
You have just described me from head to toe. I to feel the same way right now ive been taking time off work ive been smoking so much (i know its bad but it really tends to slightly help in some way) i was on zoloft 100mg since last may, its started happening to me i couldnt get on with my life it was torture, last may i singed up to this forum i did alot of reading about the different types of medications for a person, personally when u decide to take medication not everyone of those tablets is going to work for you. I chose to be put on cepremil now its happpening all over again i am going to see a doctor on the 26th which is in a couple of days hopefully he can prescribe some thing for me also.... i think you should do the same go see your doctor and have faith remember they are all negative "emotions" faith is what you need and in times where you need some one to listen talk to God. Pray.

CD1985
26-05-10, 00:59
Hey Phil,

I've suffered from real bad DP/DR for about 10 years. But about a year and a half ago it got so bad and i started gettin very depressed as well. never felt so low. i had to take 2 months off work. I went to my doctor and told her. she didn't really understand but anyway she prescribed me with citalopram and to be honest i've been really well since. i hardly ever get DP/DR anymore. it's a big step going on anti-depresants but they work for me. i just worry about coming off them now. scared of going back to how i was

Richard01
18-03-11, 11:09
Depression is a problem one should never face, it is really not easy to gain confidence or become optimistic in life if once you go into depression. Depression can never be ignored; it may lead to serious health problems. So it is suggested to go the doctor in order find rescue for your problem, and moreover there are several natural remedies to fight out depression