PDA

View Full Version : It's working

RichW
20-05-10, 06:13
Hey Folks

Thought I was going nuts just over two months ago. Thanks to all those who offered support and encouragement, it really got me through some hellish times.

Pleased to say I've been feeling great over the past few weeks. Still love getting in the chat room and making new friends.

All I can say is that without Citalopram, I don't know where I'd be right now - probably jobless for starters.

If anybody else has had similar positive experiences then please feel free to share.

Cheers Guys

Rich

jaded jean
20-05-10, 06:43
Hi RichW.
Well done another success story. I am on day 39 . Had a crappy week last week but today I have woke up -nothing at all . So hopefully its catching. I am still off work but still confident I will return soon. Well done again tho.
Jean

Jannie2948
20-05-10, 06:47
Hello RichW

Good for you! I feel pretty much the same. 7 months ago I thought, this is it I'm gonna go mad or die!! Now I feel so much better thanks to citalopram. I work full-time and really love my job. I still have odd moments or days but nothing like I was, anxiety/panic is blooming awful so it is good to feel so much better.

Well done to you :-)

Jannie x x

calm
11-08-10, 12:06
THIS IS JUST THE POST I NEEDED TO READ....i am on cits 20mg for 4 weeks now....and the h/a and panic attacks are still so strong....but reading the above makes me confident to stick at it xxxx thank you guys....you have all made my day xxxxxx

GlasgowGuy
11-08-10, 16:23
Good to hear. I think Cit does work it's just the initial weeks that are torture. I was on it for years previously and functioned well for most of it. Was in a job eventually I hated and wasn't for me. Led to stress which I let my family convince me was the Cit. I disagreed but went along with them.

Is good to read positive stories of support rather than some sites with no positives at all.

Vanilla Sky
11-08-10, 18:19
Well Rich, I started on Citalopram around the same time as you , and i feel so much better now as well . When i think back to when i was scared to take it .. i feel like such an idiot lol .. and wasted all that time when i could have been feeling like this sooner !
I want to get up and face the day now albiet if its just work , just to be able to feel "normal" again is brilliant.
Glad you feel positive Rich :D

Love and hugs
Paige xxx

bexy1970
11-08-10, 18:27
so glad ive read these, makes me determined to keep going with them,im on day 5 and feeing yeuch xx

Worrier
11-08-10, 19:16
Hey Rich,

So glad you have found some solice in the midst of all the anguish.

What you really need is a trip to Vegas, so come on let's house swap lol.

Take care, see you in chat soon.
Natalie x

rachelb
15-08-10, 10:37
Worrier - what a fab quote - just posted it up on my facebook profile. Thanks

JTD
17-08-10, 17:23
Seems to be working. Gone from 10mg to 20mg to 40mg in three rounds of 28 day packs. Currently half way through the 40mg pack. Effects were probably towards the end of the 20mg, although masked by some side effects from the jump to 40mg. I now take a tablet at night instead of the morning. I am able to focus more on playing with the children and everyday things, sometimes actually feel quite cheerful. More of a sense of being stable and level headed and less of that feeling of being one step away from losing it all. Of course, it isn't the complete answer and will take time.

HunniBee
17-08-10, 19:02
Roughly how long does it take to kick in?? Mines been 4 weeks now and I've kinda hit a brick wall....

HB x

RichW
18-08-10, 05:03
Hi HB

For me it was about 8 weeks before I felt I was back to normalish. Give it time, try to be patient (I know this is so hard to do when you're feeling pain) and most importantly - stick with it. You'll get better it's just a matter of time. It is reported by Arrow brand Citalopram that it can take up to 12 weeks for the drug to become fully effective. I seemed to make rapid progress from day to day after about 5 - 6 weeks in.

I've got about 10 days supply left after being on Cit for about 6 months and I'll be starting to wean off them - yikes! I hope it goes well...

All the very best

Rich