PDA

View Full Version : HI new to this site but not new to panic attacks

sharonno12003
03-02-06, 20:14
Hi my name is sharon I have 3 children I have been suffering fom panic attacks for about 7 yrs. I have recently been given citalopram as things have been getting bad. I have been on propanolol for some time but it seemed to not do anythink so I had to get something different as it is getting to the stage where I wont go out. Well I dont know what else to write but if anyone has any suggestions or just a chat I would be happy to hear from them.

alexis
03-02-06, 20:20
Hi and welcome to the forum, you will get lots of help, advice and meet new people here.
there is a chat room which often gets busy after 7.30pm, it is a wonderful place to discuss things and have a laugh too, hope you get lots of useful advice, take care.xxx

Most of lifes battles are won, by looking beyond the clouds to the sun:
and having the patience to wait for the day,when the sun comes out and the clouds go away.

love from Alexisxx

chucklehound
03-02-06, 20:41
Hi sharron and welcome to the forum!:D

Take Care

Chucklehound

xxxx

tammyg
03-02-06, 20:45
Hi Sharon,

Welcome to NMP. I am sure you will get the help and support you are looking for here. Lots of people have had similar experiences to yours so have a look through some old posts.

Take care.

Tammy x

trac67
03-02-06, 22:28
Hi Sharon,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

nomorepanic
03-02-06, 23:13
Hi Sharon

A warm welcome aboard the forum.

Nicola

Meg
03-02-06, 23:21
Hello Sharon

Common Symptoms of Panic Attacks, Anxiety, Phobias and OCD. (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=symptoms)

First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Health Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=healthanxiety)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Piglet
04-02-06, 12:23
A big welcome to the site :D

Piglet x

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Karen
04-02-06, 16:13
Hi Sharon

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels

clickaway
04-02-06, 22:46
Welcome aboard, Sharon.

Please try and go out every day, ideally with a reason.

If you stop going out, it will be that much harder for you to recover.

Take Care,

Ray

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

bluesparkle
05-02-06, 09:47
hi sharon
welcome to the site :D
its a great place to be... you will get loads of good advice and everyone understands...
if you look around the forum and the web site you will find lots of information.
take care
rach

sharonno12003
07-02-06, 14:56
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hi and welcome to the forum, you will get lots of help, advice and meet new people here.
there is a chat room which often gets busy after 7.30pm, it is a wonderful place to discuss things and have a laugh too, hope you get lots of useful advice, take care.xxx

Most of lifes battles are won, by looking beyond the clouds to the sun:
and having the patience to wait for the day,when the sun comes out and the clouds go away.

love from Alexisxx

Thank you will check out the chat room.:)

<div align="right">Originally posted by alexis - 03 February 2006 : 20:20:15</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

tracyp584
07-02-06, 15:01
Hey Sharon,

Welcome to the site,

Take care,

tracy x x

Every time you avoid your fears they become stronger,every time you face your fears they become weaker.

Ma Larkin
07-02-06, 15:26
Hi Sharon, I too have 3 children and have suffered with panic attacks for 12 months now. They seem to be calming down a bit but the anxiety is there constantly. I've found that having someone to talk to is half the battle. I am a single parent but am currently staying at my mums (my little boy was involved in a hit and run and mum lives in a bungalow so no negotiating stairs!) Just knowing my mum is in the same room as me seems to have calmed me down a bit and i've met some wonderful people on this site. I'm having counselling which seems to have helped and take diazepam 2mg as and when needed. I haven't got to the stage where I can't go out, in fact, i'm probably the opposite, panic more when in than out. I hope it eases for you, I know it can't be easy with 3 children but I hope you can get out without panicking every time. Take care. Les

henri
07-02-06, 20:46
Hey Sharon,
welcome to the site :)
henri

marce
07-02-06, 22:30
Hi Sharon
I'm new here as well and I just wanted you to know that when I first started having panic attacks I also was a bit afraid to go out for fear of having them in public but as another member suggested try and go out a little each day. I have one child and because at the time I was on my own, I had to go out to run errands etc and that was helpful as it made me go out and conquer a bit my world little by little.
I was ( and still am) taking clonazepam but during my most difficult moments, when I just started feeling too scared to go out, I went to get more help and saw a therapist. That helped me so much and it was also a time just for me and I needed that. There is really so much support here and I hope you find everything you need in this world and in yours. Take good care, Marce

sal
07-02-06, 23:47
Hi and welcome to the site. You will get lots of help here. I am on the same meds and they really turned my life around. Took a couple of tries due to side affects but persevered and have made me a lot stronger

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".