PDA

View Full Version : How often do you visit the docs?

busybeingmum
20-05-10, 12:27
I feel so bad because I have another appt to see the doc and only had one 2 weeks ago and then 2 weeks before that.... I do feel such a hypochondriac but am so worried about my symptoms..... Does anyone else visit the docs a lot?

gladyscourt
20-05-10, 12:33
I do hun. Not so much at the moment because im being sent for tests at hospital so i kno nothing else can be done at docs. I used to go all the time for one reason or another then another 2 weeks later id be there again. what symptoms u having? xx

zippy
20-05-10, 12:37
I have been this week and i went last week and the week before.I feel so ill i feel i have to go and i dont care what they think.I had my bloods took yesterday and a stool sample sent off.I go through phases of feeling ok and dont go for a few months and then i go every week when i am not well.

toria
20-05-10, 12:38
hi i go to drs nearly every week if i am worried about something i think it is best to get it checked so you can stop worrying i would go every day if i could just to check things are ok dont worry about it i am sure your dr understands xx

busybeingmum
20-05-10, 13:17
I feel better that I'm not the only one with my own seat in the waiting room! Actuaslly, my friend who's a nurse says in the med profession they prefer people to get things checked rather than going when things have got far too serious.....

LittleMissPanicky
20-05-10, 18:05
When I am really bad I could quite happily spend all day every day there !! LOL xxx

gladyscourt
20-05-10, 19:32
When I am really bad I could quite happily spend all day every day there !! LOL xxx

I can soooooooooo agree!!! :yesyes:

jaded jean
20-05-10, 20:59
I think we would all like a seat with our name on it I know I would !!!!. If I cannot get in to see the doctor Igo for the next best thing and get a telephone consultation!! Just to hear his reassuring voice and I can have a good blub:wacko: sad really but that kept me going for the past 6 months.
Jean
nb Have you got the surgery number on speed dial??:yesyes:

Alexy
20-05-10, 23:20
hey, one week i was in the doctors 3 days out of 5.....i think i beat you all :P

j2
21-05-10, 02:32
I think about going everyday. I think what I will tell her, how I will describe my symptoms. How I will word things to make it look like I have not been searching the internet most of my adult life looking for unlikely things wrong with me. I worry that she will dismiss my fears or that she will actually be concerned. When I go I parse every word she says I look for things that aren't there and I analyze everything she said. Basically, I would love to have my own doctor.

gordie1
26-05-10, 21:28
Please dont worry I go to the doctors 3 times a week with anxiety and health anxiety related illness. They are reasonably good

LucyR
26-05-10, 22:07
Hi,

I don't go at all these days, although I do get a repeat prescription or two. I had a blood test done months ago and I never called for the results Im too scared to do it!! I used to go quite frequently, and my doctor then said it would affect me getting employment as too much contact with the medical team! you just can't win can you??!!