PDA

View Full Version : orange tongue and this isnt a joke

julia
20-05-10, 14:05
PLEASE HELP im really worried for the last 4 days ive had an orange tongue and a horrible taste in my mouth im soooooo scared the taste is making my food taste horrible i spoke to my dr who sent me for blood tests inc liver test they come back ok but im so scared i cant stop looking at how orange my tongue is and now i have noticed im getting lots more palpitations please help me:weep:

Vixxy
20-05-10, 15:13
Hi julia. First up do you smoke? Is it a coating on your tongue or is the skin orange? Have you drank sunny D or something similar?

BigDaz
20-05-10, 20:04
I'm no expert but I think it's generally caused by bacteria in the mouth, it's not harmful just irritating. You might need some mouth wash or some anti-biotics. If the doctor's not helping you could always see a dentist.

Wolfie
20-05-10, 20:08
Please try not to worry about this, like BigDaz said, you may need some antibiotics. My mum is going through the same thing right now except her tongue is black!!! Crazy stuff huh?

Let us know how things go,

Chrissy x

Vixxy
20-05-10, 20:12
One of my ex boyfriends had a brown tongue. He had oral thrush and then smoked, which died the thrush brown... was gross! lol

guitarpants
23-05-10, 05:53
acidophilus will help with yeast infections such as those.

julia
23-05-10, 10:41
no i dont smoke on day 5 now and have acid taste aswell but not heartburn or reflux

Vixxy
23-05-10, 17:43
I was getting the taste of acid and a sore throat, but no heartburn pains. So it could still be that.
Pop into your local chemist and ask them to take alook. They might be able to give you advice on which medicine to take.