PDA

View Full Version : hi advice please

dantina
20-05-10, 17:25
Hi all my name is Dantina i started Fiuoxetine 8 days ago because realy i could not cope any more.But i felt so ill with them had to go to A&E they gave be Diazepan to carm me down could not believe what i was going threw.Hubby was so upset but both the Doctor at the Hospital and my GP said on the Fluoxetine it takes to weeks to start working.The feeling is terrible the Diazepam works for a short time but not the answer help please do not like what is happening.
Thank you

nomorepanic
20-05-10, 17:28
Hi dantina

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Vixxy
20-05-10, 20:19
Starting out on anti depressants really can make you very ill. For the first 2 weeks I usually feel like death.
This feeling does pass, so you should carry on taking them. After about the 9th day the side effects start to drop off, so youre nearly through it.
Hope you feel better soon.

Vanilla Sky
20-05-10, 21:03
Hi , Just wanted to welcome you to NMP :welcome: Paige x

jessy
20-05-10, 21:30
Hi Dantina, ive been taking 20mg fluxotine for 8 weeks now, and i have to say i did feel alot worse for the first 3 weeks, i had 3 diazepan a day some days.......But then i did start to feel better, but everyone is different and it might not take you 3 weeks to start feeling better.....my dr wants me to go on 40mg from next week, at first i said no incase the side affects started again, but after talking to people on here i am going to give it a try.......I think once your body gets used to them then u'll feel better and dont panic so much.....Hope this helps you. If you want to chat im here, hope you feel better soon xx

dantina
21-05-10, 16:24
Hi Jessey and vixxy thanks for answering feel terrible to day been on it nine days do not like the feeling i am getting taking Diazepan when i need it cant eat at the moment loosing weight i am praying it gets better .xx