PDA

View Full Version : need help calming down - chest xray and breast scan!!

debbsi
20-05-10, 18:06
Hi
I havent been on here for a while but the damn anxiety has been hanging round for a few months now and I'm sick of it - what with going the drs with my daughter due to nosebleeds and my husband with ideopathic angiodema!!
Anyway seems its my turn now, In the middle of March I had bronchitis and was quite rough! I got a pain in my chest which I think was from all the coughing I did - and boy did I do a lot of coughing! This then led to sinusitis and I'm only just starting to feel normal the last few weeks - just a running nose and ears keep blocking up - but I can live with that - it will get better by itself. Anyway the pain in my chest came back yesterday - and what with Sally in corrie I started prodding and poking and though maybe I could feel something but thought i was prob just part of the structure of my sternum. My Mum had breast cancer 2 years ago - so I thought maybe I should get it checked out - I thought the GP would just send me home saying it was muscular - but I had a chest xray today and am going to breast clinic for a scan in 2 weeks - and so now I am panicing!!!!!!!!
It said he couldnt feel any lumps which is a relief but due to my history he is sending me for these tests! I really do think it i muscular but I still cant help worrying - its brought the ibs back and I have felt sick all day and basically rather miserable.
Please cheer me up - I need some reasurance :blush:
Deb x

nursey4
20-05-10, 18:19
HI Debs,
SOrry you and your family are going through a rough time. In my experience, the docs do send you for a bunch of tests to rule things out especially if they sense you are anxious. WHile some doctors do seem callous and uncaring, I think there are many who know if you don't get things checked, you will stay worried. Just think, the scan will more than likely bring you peace of mind and you can stop worrying about this. Easy for me to say, I know!! TRY to take care and relax.
XOXO

debbsi
21-05-10, 06:22
Hi
Thank I know deep down what you are saying is right - but /i wish I could tell my brain that :weep:.
Thanks for the support xx