PDA

View Full Version : Just started Citalopram, need help...

momof3boys
20-05-10, 18:34
I have been on a few different ssri's in the past couple years, and finally gave up on them until 3 people i know have taken citalopram and love it. So i started yesterday by cutting 10mg tabs in half and taking 5 mg, today is my second day and I keep getting a wave of extreme heat throughout my body and it feels like my muscles are extremely tight and I just feel funny like I may freak out...can anyone tell me if this should be normal?

momof3boys
20-05-10, 19:45
also feel very warm and sweaty

Danath
20-05-10, 19:47
did the doctor tell you to cut them in half? should stick to how he said to take them really matey, its probably just anxiety what you're feeling, but ask the doctor if you're worried

momof3boys
20-05-10, 20:03
yes doc told me to start with cutting them in half for a week and then start with the whole 10mg, i also checked with pharmacist and she said its ok to cut them in half if needed. I have had horrible experiences with 3 other ssri's so i wanted to start as small as possible to see if it makes a difference this time around.

phattgal
20-05-10, 20:10
Hi there I also started taking my citaloptam yesterday by cutting my 20mg tabs in half (I told doc of concerns about starting on 20 and she said it would be fine to cut them, but it would be worth just checking with your too as often docs do have differing opinions) anyway yesterday I was ok today, although it's been very warm here, I have felt as though I've been hot from the inside if that makes any sense , also waves of nausea and this afternoon I had an almighty headache though that was probably tension as I'm still suffering with my gums :weep:
Anyway I suppose tomorrow is another day are you going to persevere with it do you think? I wonder how many of the symptoms are psychological because we are expecting them and how many are real?
Best of luck with it Hun
let me know how you're getting on with it eh?
Jo xxx

momof3boys
20-05-10, 20:14
yes!! i feel very warm from the inside too and then i start to sweat! i felt that way a bit late last night but ignored it and then started feeling it again about an hour after taking my 2nd one today! I also get feelings of being really tired and then it disappears, its strange. I am going to try to keep taking it and see what happens, I just don't want full blown anxiety from it and I think that is what happened all the other times I have taken the other ones...I would feel strange and then freak out about it and then refuse to take it ever again. So this time I want to start slow and see what happens now that I can accept the anxious feelings alot easier.

phattgal
20-05-10, 20:20
Oh that's been happening to me too only about an hour ago I was properly ready for bed sooooooo tired, I'm fine now, how strange.......I think I'm most scared of the increased anxiety I really hope that doesn't happen. And here I go with another heatwave.... It's like it starts in back of my neck and chest from the inside then washes over me, I feel like I should be bright red but I'm not (apart from neck). Keep in touch eh?
Jo xxx

momof3boys
20-05-10, 20:30
yup mines the same way starts in my chest, neck and back...feels like a burning feeling! I am very afraid of the anxiety feelings too! We should definately stay in touch! Its great to have someone starting the same thing at the same time and also having the same effects, makes me feel a bit better about it!

phattgal
20-05-10, 21:15
Yes it is most new people seem to be a couple of weeks into it. Feel free to pm me anytime anyway mate and we can try and struggle through :hugs: