PDA

View Full Version : Diarrhea..... IBS, Stomach Bug, Something worse??

fairyclairy
21-05-10, 17:59
Hi guys,

Right, abit of a messy subject :blush: but i started with diarrhea on Tuesday night (its now Friday night)
It was quite bad... didnt feel sick, just got panicky.
And now its still happening... everytime i eat something i need to run to the toilet about 40 minutes later.. i get a sicky feeling and dragging feeling and then have to go!! It means im stuck in the house... i hate it!
Im scared to go out incase i need the loo but cant find a toilet!

Could this be IBS? Does anyone else get this...... any ways to help it??

Iv also just come on my period (not been on since Feb) Could this be to do with that... anyone else get this during their period?

Any advice is very welcomed and appreciated,xx

pd
21-05-10, 18:10
I've had upset stomachs during periods before, especially if they're particularly heavy ones. Have you changed your eating habits recently? Is there anything you've done differently over the past few days that could be responsible? Taken any medicine or vitamins - these can often have laxitive effects.

I know it's hard but try not to worry, it will stop soon. xxx:hugs:

fairyclairy
21-05-10, 18:19
Hi, iv not changed eating habits or taken medicines or anything... cant think of what could be causing it! Its so debilatating because i cant leave the house!
Dont know what to do to stop it!
Thankyou for your help x

pd
21-05-10, 18:32
It's more likely to be caused by your period than anything drastic - if it hasn't stopped by monday maybe you could see your doctor for some reassurance? Any chance you ate something that could have been a bit off? A meal out or anything?

fairyclairy
21-05-10, 18:45
Nope nothing.. ate normally, what i normally eat.. il have to wait and see i guess, and then like u sed, go docs on Monday.
Im hoping its just beause of period... bt cant stand being stuck in the house till thats finished! lol
Thanks for ur help x

Typer
21-05-10, 19:06
I had a tummy bug like that for a few days....but then it went on for weeks. I had to cut out all dairy foods, including chocolate for two weeks. Soon as I stopped having milk in anything, or anything made from milk it stopped. It takes 10 days or so for it to be okay again. Try it, just to see. I was skeptical but sure enough it worked for me