PDA

View Full Version : Just one thought and wham...!!!

Jo3016
21-05-10, 18:11
...back come the ectopic beats!!!

I was just thinking how well I was feeling this afternoon and within seconds, they had started again. I am trying to ignore them but have had them on and off for a couple of hours!! I am going out tonight as well and don't want this to ruin my evening!!

Have seen 3 doctors in the last 3 weeks about this - had ecg, heart monitor and blood pressure checked. Am having blood tests next week but they all say my heart is fine and it is just anxiety!! A very good friend of mine who is also a doctor just said "you don't want to worry about ectopic beats" In my experience, doctors don't seem bothered by them at all!!

pd
21-05-10, 18:15
Last time I brought them up at the docs I was told that they're perfectly normal and everybody gets them. We just notice them more, I guess. Do you/have you ever taken anything like beta-blockers? They drastically improve the situation, also stop thudding, racing hearts too. Unfortunately a lot of doctors don't like prescribing them as a long term solution. The other thing I found helped me to stop noticing them were the meditation MP3s I downloaded from the mental health foundation's website.

In the short term, can you do something to completely occupy your mind for a while, see if you can make yourself forget about them?

crazyhayz
21-05-10, 22:07
If uve had normal ecg and bloods then ur deffo fine :) ectopics are soooo common, my mum doesnt have anxiety disorder like i do, but she gets them at least twice a week! They dont bother her coz she knows how normal they are (plus, like you, shes had ecg which was normal!) so try not to worry. I can sooooo relate to your thread though, it literally takes one thought to set it all off again - trust me on that!! I, like you, would have a rly good day where i wasnt getting ectopics, or blurry vision, or whatever symptom (mine change from day to day lol), then as soon as i think "oh what a good day ive had today, no anxiety symptoms so far!!" then BAM!! they start again, full force!! Its horrible!! The key to anxiety is acceptance, im trying to just accept i have this horrible anxiety disorder, and i gotta deal with it. fact. no point wastin my life away making myself depressed about stuff i cant rly do much about, ive done cbt and it worked wonders, plus im on meds, and i feel so much better than i did 5 months ago when it all started!! (down from 10 panic attacks PER DAY to one or two a month!) And yes, my symptoms (i.e.. ectopics!!) are much rarer now, its lovely :) You will get there, but trust me, this IS anxiety. I was in hospital with severe dizziness, i coudnt hardly walk, once i had my CT scan and it came back normal, the dizziness completely disappeared. Thats when i realised how powerful anxiety is, the mind to me is alot more 'physical' than we realise lol. Take care and good luck

gladyscourt
21-05-10, 22:28
I agree anxiety is a lot to do with mind over matter x