PDA

View Full Version : Runaway Thoughts

Zee
21-05-10, 20:48
Does anyone else find themselves thinking about something and then suddenly the thoughts run away into wild imagination some of which are scarey or upsetting?.. My imagination seems to run riot when my anxiety is highest and from thinking something about ,for instance, going to the local shop, a scenario crops up which might be a gunman on the loose or a wild animal etc..or is it just me ?:ohmy:

Vanilla Sky
21-05-10, 21:40
No it's not just you . Unfortunately this is all part of anxiety because we are always on " high alert " . I am the same at times although it is getting better and your will to hun, don't worry x

crazyhayz
21-05-10, 22:17
Yep, i get this badly, but only when im in high anxiety state. Its coz of our 'alertness', like anxiety makes our minds race, and coz our neurotransmitters in our brains are basically 'going crazy' this is what makes our thoughts 'run away' like u said..

Typical one for me:

Playing with my son, i then imagine him just fainting, or dying or something, then i freak out about every little thing...and cant focus on playing with him anymore and have to sit down praying hes guna be ok...' sounds so stupid...but i used to feel like that all the time, im mucg better now, but when i get the odd panic attack i am verrrry bad, laying in bed and i actually 'see' a scenario where people have broken in downstairs and on their way slowly up the stairs, then i lock my door and sweat out....and so it just escalates... i understand, and ur definitely NOT alone. Its sooo common for anxiety disorder sufferers. Take care of u x